Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Organic Cultivation
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Organic Cultivation Growing 100% Naturally?

Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 PM
A New Sprout

Default Fox Farms?

Im curenty runing a dwc hydro set up and was wanting to give organics a try
fox farms seemed decent but i have no exsperiance with it
so i was just wondering if anyone has used ff for hydro or any other organics for that matter im open for new idea's
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
med

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotagun View Post
Im curenty runing a dwc hydro set up and was wanting to give organics a try
fox farms seemed decent but i have no exsperiance with it
so i was just wondering if anyone has used ff for hydro or any other organics for that matter im open for new idea's
FF Ocean Forrest is a great soil it will veg plants like crazy if there under the correct light/temp, but be careful its is a very strong mix. and for flowering you will either have to feed some organic's by mixing it into the top soil and water it in or by bottle and organic tea's. when using FFOF to plant clones or seedlings you should mix it 50/50 with soiless mix witch is made of just (Peat,Perelite,vermiculite) PH nuetral and no nutes if feed with bottled nutes its almost like growing hydro. but for clones/seeds use small pots or cups so the cuts/seedings can take hold once there strong enough i transplant into a full stregth mix of the FFOF
FF also has some stuff called Happy Frog hated it way to hot caused a bad deficency from the start.

what i do is i buy a big bale of soiless mix only problem is i do not have ratio's on how to mix it. but then i add to that a good amount of worm castins,
2 types of high N bat guano, and a little lime. then ideally i like to veg them out for a few weeks. once its time to flower i will use the soiless mix with 2 types of high P-K guano's and some lime then i use that mix to transplant the plants into and if mixed rigth you will have great results giving the plant just PH water.

i would go with a soiless mix with a bit of lime added then feed with FF organic bottled nutes. they got liquid nutes that are totally organic one has got Worm Castins, Bat Guano and other good stuff its a easy way to do organic. and without having to mix up organic mixes so its simple then making lots of mix.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
A New Sprout

mj fox farm grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
FF Ocean Forrest is a great soil it will veg plants like crazy if there under the correct light/temp, but be careful its is a very strong mix. and for flowering you will either have to feed some organic's by mixing it into the top soil and water it in or by bottle and organic tea's. when using FFOF to plant clones or seedlings you should mix it 50/50 with soiless mix witch is made of just (Peat,Perelite,vermiculite) PH nuetral and no nutes if feed with bottled nutes its almost like growing hydro. but for clones/seeds use small pots or cups so the cuts/seedings can take hold once there strong enough i transplant into a full stregth mix of the FFOF
FF also has some stuff called Happy Frog hated it way to hot caused a bad deficency from the start.

what i do is i buy a big bale of soiless mix only problem is i do not have ratio's on how to mix it. but then i add to that a good amount of worm castins,
2 types of high N bat guano, and a little lime. then ideally i like to veg them out for a few weeks. once its time to flower i will use the soiless mix with 2 types of high P-K guano's and some lime then i use that mix to transplant the plants into and if mixed rigth you will have great results giving the plant just PH water.

i would go with a soiless mix with a bit of lime added then feed with FF organic bottled nutes. they got liquid nutes that are totally organic one has got Worm Castins, Bat Guano and other good stuff its a easy way to do organic. and without having to mix up organic mixes so its simple then making lots of mix.
Im currently using fox farm ocean forest. I have had no trouble with it being to hot...I clone with airoponics and once the roots have taken off it goes right into FFOF. now i dont give it any fert till after the first week or so. I then use half of what the foxfarm feading schedual requires. everything has been going real good so far.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:13 PM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:

i grew in DWC for 8 years and used FF products very successfully the entire time. i highly (LOL) recommend their products!!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:27 AM
A New Sprout

the first two dudes talking about ffof?

I think the FF nutes should work for you in hydro but they are not organic.
Actually I think the big bloom is the only think 100% organic as far as liquid ferts go, the tiger and growbig are synthetic base.

They are very good nutes just not "organic"