Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Organic Cultivation
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Organic Cultivation Growing 100% Naturally?

Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
soil redworm, earthworm, nightcrawler....

The names are misleading...I went and got 6 dozen nightcrawlers from the bait shop....I don't know if those would be the European or the Canadian, but they seem pretty happy. If they start to decline, I'll just toss them in the garden. I ordered 1000 Eisinia Foetida from www.gardensalive.com, so the numbers sound about right. I will just put them together! Thanks Don!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:52 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Style: Evil
Default Awesome Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

Ty link.

That's an actual picture of the latest poo digging. I fed the worms in the upper part of the bin a bit too keep them nurtured and then removed a lot poo from the opposite there. For that I scared them worms down to the ground with a bright 125 W hql lamp. Out of scientific interest I fed them an awful pants of mine (the white one) Donna de Marco was very pleased about that. Now I filled the bin up with shredded paper and applied moisture with a sprayer. In about a month when I need the next poo, I can again take it out of the bin as I need it.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 11-06-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I remember this was was of the last things we talked about before I took my break Don. It's great to see that you went through the worm bin thing and that things are working good. Now I just need to get me some worms
Old 12-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I just think I have to figure out how to add more Nitrogen and Magnesium to it. After the cellulose diet of the worms it seems the castings lack a bit of said elements, or they are consumed too fast by the rapid growth of the plants. I recently acquired a 50 L container...
TF1 #500
Old 12-10-2007, 08:53 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Style: Red

Hey see if they like Comfrey
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Yes, I already thought about that, and stinging nettles. Coffe grinds are another alternative, but can turn everything too sour pretty fast, if fed in excess.
TF1 #500
Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I reckon the stinging nettles are a good idea if you can wait for the spring. Eggshells would counteract the acidity of the coffee grinds too as well as add a bit more nitrogen. I guess you would need to play about with the measures to get it right.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Not really, I reckon I still can harvest some at one of my outdoor sites. There are plenty, now in decay, but even better. Worms like material in decay. I have btw. of course added eggshells and found out worms really like the soft skin of them - helps one fertilizing and may be the N source you mentioned. I remember my grandmother having eggshells in her watering cans. Sometimes it stunk pretty bad. I may add limestone later maybe and could purchase one of those expensive nettle pellets - which I actally won't pecause they're too expensive for that . I still have to play with the measures and I'll add maybe only 2-3 cups castings to 7 l coco + 2 l perlite instead of 30%. Really depends on the strain as well. The last time I harvested the castings, I really needed to make space in the bin, so I used up what I had pretty soon.

I'm , so bear with me
TF1 #500
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
I may add limestone later maybe
YES! I have your answer. I gonna send you a bag of this stuff "Algomin". I have Kilos of it! You can only get it in Sweden. Put a very small amount in your wormbin every now and then to counteract the acidity of coffee grinds. The pics on the bag are first with Algomin and second without Algomin showing the effect on the root system.

Quote:
AlgominŽ Eco-Fertilizer is Organically Certified
With AlgominŽ Eco-Fertilizer, you add around 30 balanced micro-nutrients and amino acids to the soil. AlgominŽ Eco-Fertilizer consists of 98% coral algae and 2% biological growth stimulants (aminopurines) made from fresh brown algae (using a patented method). AlgominŽ is an organically certified product (KRAV).

AlgominŽ contains among other things calcium and magnesium, which assist the absorption of important nutrients. The pH value of the soil is raised, earthworms thrive, and root systems are improved. With its high pH value of 8.8, Algomin prevents the ill effects of acidification and fosters natural growth power.

ADVANTAGES OF ALGOMINŽ

* It's a natural product.
* It maintains lime levels as you fertilize. Raises the pH value, which prevents acidification. 85% of growth problems with plants are a result of acidification of the soil.
* Calcium in AlgominŽ is highly soluble, and contains 2-3 times more free calcium ions then ordinary lime. These release the nutrients in the soil for plants’ root hairs.
* It acts rapidly, and at the same time provides continuous fertilizing and lime application over a long period.
* Stimulates the microorganisms that transport nutrients.
* Stimulates root growth.
* Enhances the soil structure; humus builds up.
* Increases the access of earthworms that help loosen up the soil and digest organic materials.
* Enhances the absorption of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium.
* Adds micro-nutrients in an organic form that is natural and easily accessible for plants.
* Counteracts the precipitation of heavy metals.
* Can be spread in the proximity of people and animals.
100% organic

Heres what it has in it, excuse me a few minutes while I translate from Swedish. Basically it has everything.

Calcium Carbonate 800-850 kg
Magnesium Carbonate 100-150 kg
Nitrogen 25-30 kg
Organic Substance 20-40 kg
Sodium 15-20 kg
Iron 12-15 kg
Physiolith 10 kg (I couldnt find what it was at first, turns out it is as follows.
Sounds yummy.)
Quote:
Physiolith soil conditioner. Physiolith is a true soil conditioner with bioactive ‘prebiotic’ activity. It actively increases the amount and activity of the microbial factories, making their output greater and as a result making more otherwise unavailable nutrients available for uptake by the plant.
Calcium Phosphate 8-10 kg
Pebble? (kiselsyra) 8-10 kg
Sulphur 4-7 kg
Pottasium 1.5-2 kg
Iodine 1-1.5 kg
Manganese 350-450 gram
PH 8.8
Boron 350-450 gram
Indium 150-200 gram
Flouride 40-50 gram
Copper 30-50 gram
Bromine 30-50 gram
Zinc 30-50 gram
Titanium 30-40 gram
Molybdenum 3-4 gram
Cobalt 1-2 gram
Selenium 1-2 gram
Prolin? (cant find it) 0.025%
Asparginsyra? (cant find, seems to be a protein or something) 0.03%
Glutamic Acid 0.18%
Amino Acids 0.8%

Phew...

At any rate. This stuff should turn your vermicompost into super vermicompost at the same time as liming and your worms will absolutely love it!

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-11-2007 at 04:58 PM.