Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Organic Cultivation
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Organic Cultivation Growing 100% Naturally?

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The guys at Algomin also ran a test on Peas and Maize using KORALLALG LITHOTHAMNE® (the coral Algomin is made from) as the control plant and Algomin on the test plants. The plants treated with KORALLALG LITHOTHAMNE® showed a 4% increase of green materials and an 11% increase on rootmass on the peas. Algomin showed an 18% increase of green materials and a 22% increase in rootmass on the peas.

The Maize tests were similar coming in 0% and 11% for the green materials and rootmass respectively with KORALLALG LITHOTHAMNE® and 21% and 27% respectively for the Algomin! Massive increases.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

I have now something like that. Not that brand,
http://www.neudorff.de/produkte/prod...teinsmehl.html
but the one from a local garden center. I had to haul some coco bricks and vermiculite (reptile breeding material) home anyway. I carried the bag (10 kg) home by myself (< 2 km), since I had to wait half an hour for the next bus and I didn't wanted to. Only my energy was wasted transporting the bag home. I bet it's something similar. I'll get you the specs if you're interested.

It's basalt meal basically. I just used 2 1/2 tsp on my current coco mix.

Your brand seems interesting as well. Seems like a mix of the meal I purchased and the Agrosil I can get here.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 12-12-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Well, I think my one is better than your two so to you too lol. I do like the sound of the basalt though. As we know... volcanic rock is rich in micro's. There isn't so much P in Algomin though its just that it makes it more easy to digest for the plant by encouraging bacterial and fungal activity in the soil and has an aminopurine in it which supposedly encourages cell division leading to increased growth and vigour . I found a few more words on that subject at the website...

Quote:
The micronutrient contents stimulate the important of microbial life in the soil. The aminopurine Physiolith naturally stimulates plant cells to achieve greater growth potential, growth rates, flowering, and fruit development. This method is patented and makes Algomin® products especially appropriate for the environment in your garden.
I suspect it would be most usefull in a 100% organic environment.....like your wormbin I suppose. I don't think I have used it to its full potential because I have put in chemical feeds which have probably harmed the microbial life in the soil in past grows (I didnt know then what I know now). Kinda defeats the purpose...When I get my BB nutes I'm gonna flush the chemicals out of the pots and start over and add some Algomin too which I haven't done yet this grow. I also should have some supposedly friendly fungi soon too which I will be adding to one plant. Next grow will be 100% organic, at least that is the plan.

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-12-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I think yours is definately better and I'm considering a smooth deal
The name implies it's from corals which I don't think it is. I guess (if I haven' t overread it) it's stone meal with algae added. Do I get something wrong here?

Anyway it seems worms are interested in that kind of stuff like my stone meal and all the other things I mix in my coco. They do as well resize the vermiculite and the perlite they are recycling. In fact I read somewhere that worms, not unlike ducks, ingest small bits of stones to help grind up the nutrition they take up.

So the environment is close to almost organic. And with my grows I still use - fewer, but still - donations of mineral fertilizers casually. My epsom salt is probably not organic as well.
TF1 #500
Old 12-13-2007, 12:34 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
ALGOMIN EKOLOGISK GÖDSEL består av 98% korallalg
(Lithothamne®) 2% aminopuriner (Physiolith®). Ett ton l innehåller:
'

Sorry its Swedish....

It says Algomin is 98% coral (Lithothamne) and 2% Physiolith.

Lithothamne (a coral) is very high in calcium carbonate and contains all kinds of goodies as you have seen.

The declaration I provided on the previous page is based on 1 metric Tonne. PM me an addy and I'll send some. Lets try to avoid the last minute xmas rush
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

That's what is in my basalt meal.
TF1 #500
Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Oh, and I guess. I'll use guinea pig poo for adding more nitrogen.
TF1 #500
Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

You got a guinea pig?

I hear they taste real good when skewered and roasted over and open fire.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

One? Wife decided to bring four guys home. They're not for eating, but I wouldn't mind to eat one.
They're: Lord Nelson, The Red Baron, The Pirate and Paul. Paul's a big eater. I'll upload some decent pics of the pigs when I have made some. They're about 3 month old by now and we have them for about 6 weeks now.
TF1 #500
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Haha, besides the jokes about them roasted pigs, the worms are absolutely crazy after the cavy poo.
Over the months I let the pile in my bin grow by adding few kitchen scraps and lots of shredded, soaked newspaper. From time to time I added a bit poo or used bedding material from the cavys. A few weeks ago I decided to let the worms finish their job on the waste and added once again a paper layer. This time I used shredded cardboard. The worms love cardboard, even more when it's torn. Now I only add a bit of cavy poo on top of the paper layer. Where I add it, there is a huge tuft of worms in all sizes. Still it doesn't stink. I repeat this untill the top layer of cardboard has vanished. If there is still some unprocessed material in the bin, I'll repeat adding a paper layer and cavy droppings. That way I should boost the wormpoo immensely in the N departement.
TF1 #500