Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Organic Cultivation
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Organic Cultivation Growing 100% Naturally?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Style: Black Gold
Lightbulb Guppy-ponics?

Well I have had a dream for a long time yep thats right!

Guppy-ponics

Its something of a lifestyle I want to move towards.
Nature freindly and self reliant.
Once this system is set up it is cheap and easy.
Few or no water changes for the Hydro or Guppy tanks!!
Basically this is a system of using fish waste and leftover fish food for your nutes.
This system frees you from nutes and soil too if desired.
Your cost are reduced to fish food seeds and power.

Wow this sounds great!!
Why dont more poeple do this??
Well there is one drawback and that is its alot of work before hand.
Setting up your system and sizing your system to your needs are the biggest problems I have seen.
Lots of research is required and not many poeple are using this kind of system.
So as part of my research I am asking for your help 420G.
The first part I need help with is selecting the type of hydroponics system to use. I will build this myself and have the time and energy to get it right. I am looking for a system that will fit into a C-13 cabinet. I can fit 3 5 gallon buckets in there and maybe a 4th if I squeeze it in. The whole system does NOT have to fit into the cabinet,only the plants. When this system is set up I am not worried about stealth or hiding everything, just making sure the cabinet is light tight thats all.
I also need it to be simple as possible.
So I need a hydro system that will work with Aquaponics and wont clog. This leavves Areoponics out and drip systems dont seem to be a good idea either. I have heard of a system called active, it is supposed to have constanty flowing water. This system sounds idea cuz I can use the flow of the water to aerate the water without having too many pumps.
Any input from hydro guys and fish peeps would be great and I thank you all in advance for your help.

MAX
Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Style: Red

Wow this is old, but have ya done anything with cannabis and aquaponics yet? I know we talked earlier, anything new?

All ya need is a rubbermaid and a whisper fish filter and something to hold up the plants. I use heavy duty foil, it totally works.

Too bad this isn't a new thread....
Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Damn girl talk about digging up an old post....

I want to do this so badly......

Not only for cannabis but also herbs tomatoes etc....

My biggest problem is that I suck at growing LOL

I'm currently killing plants using organics and peat moss....

I'll get it sooner or later, hopefully sooner...

I really really want to do this, so I feel once I can do a better job of growing Ill switch over to guppy-ponics LOL

Speaking of which how is your grow going??

MAD MAX
Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

Really well thanks man I Just posted some pics in my diary -

http://www.420genetics.com/forum/sho...?t=4135&page=2

I think you could probly be successful at it. It is easier then mixing organic stuff. Well, I guess it is, as I have never done that. I say give it a go man! It's even easier then measuring nutes. Maybe i'm just having good luck...but it just doesn't seem very hard so far.

P.S. I can't even grow in soil. Well, I probly can, I just have never kept houseplants alive and thriving in soil and haven't done a fully soil cannabis grow yet.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannagirl
Really well thanks man I Just posted some pics in my diary -

http://www.420genetics.com/forum/sho...?t=4135&page=2

I think you could probly be successful at it. It is easier then mixing organic stuff. Well, I guess it is, as I have never done that. I say give it a go man! It's even easier then measuring nutes. Maybe i'm just having good luck...but it just doesn't seem very hard so far.

P.S. I can't even grow in soil. Well, I probly can, I just have never kept houseplants alive and thriving in soil and haven't done a fully soil cannabis grow yet.

Now thats interesting, cuz I'm having all sorts of trouble with my peat moss organic grow...
I've got a 400 watt hps and 240 watts of floros and I can't keep myself supplied (CRY LOL)...
I just might try it now....

MAD MAX
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

Good luck! And you must let me know, I am very interested in getting more people to try it out
Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 AM
In the Veg Cycle

I'll most definitely let ya know when I try this.....

My belief is that your knowledge of fish keeping is helping alot....

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've killed every fish I've owned as an adult.....

Kinda sad......LOL

MAD MAX
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

Yeah I guess my experience if helpful, but I think you could keep goldies alive with just some reading.....as long as you cycle your thank (have the whole thing set up for a month with only 1 fish in it) you probly wont kill them. Once goldfish make it past the "tiny feeder fish" stage they are pretty hardy. Start cycling a rubber maid or something. Just grab a whisper fish filter for a 20-30 gallon tanks at walmart and get like an 18 galllon rubbermaid. Set up, turn on filter, add water, add 1 small feeder fish, feed 2 times a day, just a pinch, let sit for a month, and you are good to go. I don't even de-chlorinate my water. I used to, but after years of doing it I just stopped one day and it never mattered since. And with plants, I don't have to clean the tank. They use up so much of the nutrients in the water that I have not cleaned it since the start. Jst feed the fish and top it off every day with plain tap water.

The only problem there might be would be is your tap water really sucked or something. Most times in big cities the water will be in a certain forgiving range. But if you live rurally or have a well or something you might have to soften your water or even use RO. I have great tap so I never have worried about that. Do you know by chance the TDS of your tap water? I am super lucky, mine is only 50 out of the tap.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:07 PM
A New Sprout

Default Major Interest

So, in the city I am planning on moving to, there are major restrictions on outdoor growing, and the idea of a self-contained aquaponics(?) system sounds too good to resist. I've read a little about the theory behind this type of system, but I haven't managed to find anyone with details on practical application. I have kept tropical aquariums before, including tropical saltwater (variety) and freshwater (Amazonian Cichlid), and I am curious to incorporate the beauty of a display tank, plumbed to supply nutrients to a hydroponics system. I have more time for this than most, I just want to do it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and happy tokin'!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
A New Sprout

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:

Make sure the fish you chose thrive in the same ph you ant your pants to be at, and be prepared for very very low yeilds in comparison to engineered nutrients
Harry Anslinger: “There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others. Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

The actions of this man is what our marijuana laws are still based on today. WTF!