Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Harvesting, Curing & Processing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Harvesting, Curing & Processing Discuss Different Methods Here!

View Poll Results: How do you dry?
Hang dry 94 65.28%
Paper bag method 26 18.06%
Drying rack 12 8.33%
other 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2005, 06:31 PM
In the Flowering Stages

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill_billy
..7 minutes in the microwave, on Hi...no curing needed...:p
3:45 min on defrost works really well too
The mass stupidity of people almost physically hurts. Get an education, this second dark age is a result of the stagnation of human thought. Too many morons out there are content to sit in front of their TV for hours on end, neglect their kids, trudge to a meaningless job they donít want to do for a paycheck that barely covers their greed.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Style: Grey

Straight manicure then into paper bags. I have over the last couple of years since learning this method on Gk played with variations like hanging the manicured buds for a couple days,and then putting in the bags, and finally into jars, but I have found that straight from the plant into the bags, and then jars to be the simplest,and finest smoke you can imagine.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Black Blue

They get trimmed wet,hung til knida crispy,then bagged for the "final" dry and then into jar's.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:37 AM
A New Sprout

Chop-trim-hang-bag-sealed in jars. But that all depends on the strain and the amount of harvest there is to deal with.. Sometimes chop- trim-bag-jars. I tried the hang and then trim but found for me that it took alot longer to trim but they always go to the bag.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Thumbs up Drying the Weed

Has anybody tried this way, Trim all big leaves, leave anything worth keeping on. Now then try this I put them in an upside down bin bag, poke the end through the bottom bit hold bin bag upside down so that the buds hang down then i cut off the bin bag 6 inches below buds and hang in dark cupboard no fan or any heat ,give em a week then trim a little and into anything airtight Fluf daily.
I have been using Vitalink Buddy and it make the individual buds go like popcorn so leaves are very small so i leave em on.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

after chopping i grab my trimming scissors and blaze through it, taking only the worthless large fan leaves and trike-less bud leaves. nowhere near a professional cut. then i paper bag it. this time i plan to leave it in the bags twice as long as last time before transfering to jars, as some molded on me

after its dry i sort of "audit" them and any large frosty leaves get taken for other uses. then i jar it for two more weeks and its done.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Style: Dark Blue
Question Paper bag ?

What's up with the paper bag ? Can somebody explain ?

I chop, immediately manicure, hang 'til dry, stow in jars which I let breathe once or twice a day for about 10 days.

I feel like a Noob, what's with the bag ? Captu4ik .

My Next to Last Grow (click here)

My MasterLow Harvest (click here)

All my posts are fiction, all my photos, dreams !
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Current Mood:

Paper Bag Method:

Harvest
Manicure
Then place into a brown paper bag.
Crimp the top and place the bag in a cool dark place.
Then every day gently comb the buds with your fingers
After 4 - 7 days, place into glass jars. (sometimes longer)
The slower the dry the better.
Let jars air out couple times a day

I learned this method from RangerDanger, I thought he had posted this method here, I'll see if will post it up nexted time he is on.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:08 PM
A New Sprout

mj The ol rasta way

Outdoor: pick large fan leaves with hand, then move to dark wooden box in direct sun closed but not airtight. Let stalks "rot" in rot box for 1st day (kills chlorophyl and aids in the process that breaks down sugars). then move to dark cool room for hanging (outdoors sometimes its hard to find a cool room, dont worry, just the cooler the better for the first few days of hanging, true for indoor harvests as well) Once stalks seem almost 'too dry' move back to rot box for 1-2 weeks, keeping box in cool dry place, and opening as needed to reduce humidity. after about 2 weeks in box, try and keep buds on stalk as this will hold the cure much longer, but if needed, do final trim of buds from stalk, bag and tag.

Indoor: Remove stalks and do as much manicuring as possible while fresh. Scrape scissors for yummy scissor hash as needed. Hang stalks in VERY COOL room with no light, leave room as cool as possible (above freezing) for 3 days. after first 3 days resume normal curing process, letting buds hang till almost 'too dry' move complete stalks to box for 2-3 weeks, leaving box in cool dry place, airing as needed,then just bag em, tag em, smoke em.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:17 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Default re-Drying

many many years ago when I was brave enough to overgrow<, I made several pure cotton french seamed drawstring bags which can by clipped to a hanger or hook<< for drying buds<< they are approximately 35cm by 20<< One can use pillow slips also<< First, as with outdoor crops I systematically trim my crop so that harvest takes place over one month or so<< I then trim the stalks to manageable lengths depending on bud thickness density and size<<I strip all the fan leaves off and trim minor ones separately for use as hash or bang<< I place the buds on the stalks according to size in the respective cotton bags and just dry them inside for about 5 day's, them do a minor trim<< another 4 to five day's later I place the buds in mason jars uncovered in a dark cupboard until dry and still aromatically moist<<Nothing goes to waste<<any usuable hash ridden stalks go into an alchohol mixture either to brew as moon juice or simmer into oil<<Any kiff goes straight into cooking>> water hash is another technique I've used too<< never microwave bud that's desparate<<Ps any mullie trimmings must be dried if to be immensed in alchohol<<<