Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Harvesting, Curing & Processing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Harvesting, Curing & Processing Discuss Different Methods Here!

View Poll Results: How do you dry?
Hang dry 94 65.28%
Paper bag method 26 18.06%
Drying rack 12 8.33%
other 12 8.33%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2006, 04:26 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
Style: Black Gold

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>

Rest in peace
Old 10-28-2006, 05:38 AM
A New Sprout

Default drying

I cut trim and hang them....three days then into jars...opened everyday for a half hour....takes about ten days to dry enough to smoke...kept in the fridge in a jar to keep it fresh....I hear longer is better....but I'm usualy out before its done anyway and letting some sit out to dry faster....you just cant win
Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM
A New Sprout

I cut all the fan and green leaves off and discard to a friend that boils and makes candy with it....the peanut butter cups are the best.
Then I trim the triched leaves close to the buds and save those for making oil.
Then hang the branches and colas in a dark room for 7-10 or untill dry to the feel. These go into a tupperware container that I either leave the lid off of or periodicaly open and turn the buds.....it all depends on moisture content and ambient temps. When I'm sure there is no risk of molding I'll seal them up with a vacume sealer, gently of course because flattened buds aren't much fun to look at.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:51 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
mj

trim all the big fan leaves, make brownies or butter with ....

trim as close as i can get to the bud: the smaller fan leaves right near the bud and make bubble/iso with it.

hang the buds upside down be sure to not touching the bud at all. 3-4 5 days depending on density....

throw in paper bags till:

stems almost snap when bent with fingers.

jar and open 2-4 times a day for 20-30 minutes to keep stagnant air from forming in the jar....

let cure for several weeks until smokes smoothe and is sweet with no bad aftertaste.

if something i mentioned isnt happening like smoothe smoke, or sweet/good tasting then something is wrong and hasnt been done correctly.

Rest in peace
Old 04-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Loves Big Boobs and Big Blunts

Style: Dark Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillions of atoms
hang the buds upside down be sure to not touching the bud at all. 3-4 5 days depending on density....

throw in paper bags till:

stems almost snap when bent with fingers.

jar and open 2-4 times a day for 20-30 minutes to keep stagnant air from forming in the jar....

let cure for several weeks until smokes smoothe and is sweet with no bad aftertaste.

if something i mentioned isnt happening like smoothe smoke, or sweet/good tasting then something is wrong and hasnt been done correctly.

Thats pretty much the exact method I use! Have tried others, but this one works the best!!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:06 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
Style: Red
Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbman
Thats pretty much the exact method I use! Have tried others, but this one works the best!!

it's also the method i now use... hang em, wait till the stems almost snap, then i cut off all the buds, removing as many stems as possible, and jar em...

Nothing but smooth thc goodness!
Oh where is it going to end?!

Oh it seems like total destruction,
Only solution.
Ain't no use, No one's gonna stop us now,
Ain't no use, No one's gonna stop us now.

Ain't got no right to take us Lord,
Ain't got no right to take us Lord.
First the money then the smile...
Everything is for a while.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:07 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Same here:

Hang till stems snap, then jar it up and let it sweat, and release till ready(dependent on personal taste). Then it time to either fire it up, or put it away till it's time to fire it up. Peace
Old 04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
Thumbs up

Rest in peace
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Cool Exactomundo Peeps Too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMaster
Same here:

Hang till stems snap, then jar it up and let it sweat, and release till ready(dependent on personal taste). Then it time to either fire it up, or put it away till it's time to fire it up. Peace

Yep Yep, i MUST agree with that particular method, as its thee exact SAME way i do mine, I hang till Stems snap, then jar em too....

Jar em till the smoke is less harsh and better tasting with a good bit of the good smell coming back int it too, is exactly the way id do it, of course i take the container lids off for around 1 hour a day then jar air tight till next day( with the obvious checking them every so often, even with the lids on, as one never knows when MOLD may start to kick in, as its done it to me, right after what IMO, thaught was enough airing for the day!!!), so watch that peeps, as it CAN happpen!!!

But,IMO, thee BEST method, as itsd always worked n been good to me doing it this way!!!

Peace ,
UrBigBuddie01..........
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

I cut them down, and then hang them on a camera tripod right in front of my easy chair and trim all the fan leaves and sugar leaves that protrude, move the now trimmed plant to a dark closet with a fan going to circulate the air. Here is where I deviate from the "norm" I have never gotten a stem or branch to crack, snap or pop as an indicator of dryness until the buds are dryer than popcorn farts. I leave them for usually 8 to 10 days and then into french canning jars and they are placed on a heating pad in my waterbed I put the pad on medium heat and let the buds sweat for about an hour and then open the tops of the jars and let the condensation evaporate and judge the cure still needed and repeat as necessary. I have never had mold or buds so dry they crumble as you pick them up so I'm happy with my current procedure. I have used the paper bag method for an experiment same with the microwave and hanging them in the flower room(warmer there than the veg room or the closet in the winter) but everybody does what works for them best but alternative choices spawn more alternatives. I'll bet SCROG SOG and DWC were created through experimentation, trying out alternative methods of WHAT IF?