Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Strains & Crosses > Breeding Forum
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Breeding Forum Discuss Your Breeding Tactics Here

Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Cool Wonder Diesel x Deep Chunk crosses

well i just put 6 WD x DC and the 2 OD seeds i found into wet paper towels in ziplock bags. i want to find a nice male from the WD x DC to polly a few lower branches on each of my plants. i will also be looking for a sweet fem. as for the OD i hope i find something nice and if i get a true male witch those chances are probably not to good i will polly some strains with that to.

i just have a question i have them under 3- 4ft. shop lights there are 6- 40w bulbs they veg good under them but i do not think it can flower. has anyone ever flowered under this little light. would hanging a few regular 40w CFL's in each corner of the tent help. i have a 400w switchable but even that gets to hot in summer i am in the basement and i still deal with the heat and the indoor AC's are pretty pricey.

i am thinking of getting the T5's with the 6 -4ft. bulbs i just have to get the money. my buddy's worked great for vegging was almost as good as his 1000w MH so i figure if i keep it very close it would do great. i am pretty sure they have bloom bulbs for them to.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Well, you got 240 of flo's there. But it's lumens you gotta look at, not watts.
I have seen some people pull off some decent micro grows with flo's. I wouldn't expect to have dense nugs, they will be more "wispy" but thats a bonus if you're making seed, easier to harvest the seeds. LOL

Gonna pull up a chair for this one..
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 

Current Mood:
Cool

i was at lowe's this morning picking up some PVC pipe and connectors and i came across a sweet CFL light. it was 16$ but its big its 65w = to 300w so i got one to try it out and its bright it is 3950 lumen's. i think i will get 3 more and put them into the tent one near each corner. i think 4 of these with the shop lights should be enough to get decent growth.

Last edited by Delta-9; 04-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
mj

i got 100% germ rate this time round i was happy with that.
the 2 OD are the most vigorous they look a few days ahead of the rest. but there not.
i need these to start the veg stage a soon as possible and get them to a decent size before i flowers. but i got 2 options i just put the clones i want to polly into the cloner so there close in size and age as the DC male's from the seeds. the plants i want to polly are already getting close to 1ft. tall. so my second option is to trim them down.
i was looking at some picks of the Wonder Diesel and the Deep Chunk and to me the DC has the bud formation like the Bubba and its loaded with trich's like WW all the sugar leaves are bombed with trich's. the WD looks good but i have seen much better
here are the 2 OD and 6 WDx DC seedlings

Old 04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Nice work D9.
I have seen some good and some bad reports on the Wonder D. Hopefully the DC adds some punch to it.

I think the BubbaK x DC would be a great cross.

Where did you get your DC beans from? HTC? Tom Hill?

On the OD s1's - look for the smaller pheno that when you rub the stem stinks like dirty gym socks and something rotten even at a few weeks old in veg. It grows into some pungent as smoke with some diesel behind it. The other pheno's were kinda funky, but fruity at the same time.
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
Nice work D9.
I have seen some good and some bad reports on the Wonder D. Hopefully the DC adds some punch to it.

I think the BubbaK x DC would be a great cross.

Where did you get your DC beans from? HTC? Tom Hill?

On the OD s1's - look for the smaller pheno that when you rub the stem stinks like dirty gym socks and something rotten even at a few weeks old in veg. It grows into some pungent as smoke with some diesel behind it. The other pheno's were kinda funky, but fruity at the same time.
no im not sure were the DC was from i just got 12 of these WD x DC seeds.
i wish i had the strait DC i seen so many frosty ass pics. its 100% indica a pure Afghani seems to me a good breeding strain to shorten flower time, add potency, and for reducing the height of stretchy strains.

but like you said the Bubba sounds good to cross with it. out of all the mixes this was the one i wanted to test grow first.

i also decided to take the 16 plants in the tent and grow them outdoors there getting to big. i want to make seeds and the clones i just took should be rooted in 5-7 days and buy that time the seeds should be off and growing that way there closer in age/size when i polly them. the cloner seems to be in good working order currently i got 1 of each strain rooting. once those root i will transplant them so there ready to flower with the 2 OD and the WD x DC when ready. once the machine is empty i will put 1-2 more clones each strain in there so i can keep the strain's going

here are the 16 plants

plants that i will eventually polly

i got 6 WD x DC and 2 very vigorous OD S1's hopefully i get something unique from them. same with the WD x DC mainly i hope i find a great stud but if i find a female keeper that will be great.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

here are some pics from today of the WD x DC and the OD S1
the OD S1 seems to have the same leaf shape as the OD clone i hope it turns out to be a sweet fem.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
mj

i went to 12/12 yesterday i hope there is enough light to get some bud. there are 6- 40w regular fluro's i think there 3200 lumens each. so that is 240w and 16,000 lumens they veg very good under them i get the same results as if i was using a 250MH minus the heat. but i am not sure if it has the lumens to get some good buds. i might add some small CFL's just to add lumens. i only want to poly 2-3 lower branch's of each plant. i would be happy to get at least 100 seeds from each plant and a little smoke.
but i only ended up with 3 healthy WD x DC plants and 1 runt so if the male is not nice i am only gonna poly the WD x DC fem's cause i only have 6 seeds left and that way i got more seeds to hunt threw for a keeper.
i decided to keep the bigger clones to flower inside instead of outside the smaller ones will go outdoors. i am thinking of hitting my S1 with pollen to.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

here is what i got going on inside. i plan to polly a few lower branches of each plant and i got 2 of a couple strain's. those i will polly one completely and leave the other alone. but if i do not have a sweet male then i will not even try i will just flower them out under the 240w of regular fluro's and small pots to boot. see how that goes. LOL i really need a indoor AC bad

here are the plants this morning first off the clones.

now the plants from seeds here is the OD s1 not showing sex yet but looks very Indica got some big fat leaf blades.

and here are the 3 Wonder Diesel x Deep Chunk i got that made it!! they died off before they even had time to grow.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
mj

i got the 3 WD x DC and the OD s1 sexed!!
out of the 3 WD x DC i got 2 males and 1 female. the 2 males look pretty nice but 1 of them is very short with very little internode stretch. the other is a bigger plant and has way more stretch than the other. so i am leaning towards using the smaller tighter plant. but i have read somewhere that some growers will use more than one male while pollinating. what is the difference whether i use 1 male to polly or 2 to 3 males will more males result in less stable seeds?

and the OD s1 is showing female pre-flowers this i am very interested in seeing!! i want to watch it keep putting out those whitey's i hope it is a solid female. sucks cause it has very little side growth so i cannot take clones from the side's i would have to top the plant and use that as the clone. but i do not want to top it so i might wait and see if the sides start to grow now that they have been in flower almost 2 weeks they should stretch so i will have some re-vegging to do. but it just might be worth keeping it going. once fall comes and i can fire up my 1k i am gonna grow her big and bushy push her to the max see how good this bud really is

i am just worried i will not even have the lumens to bud up the plants and to make seeds. i cannot even run my 400w MH/HPS it gets so hot. i am thinking of adding in some CFL lights. i got 19200 lumens currently fingers crossed my next investment is gonna be a indoor AC unit then i would be golden year round.

OD s1

the 2 males you can see the stretch in one of them

Last edited by Delta-9; 06-07-2010 at 12:21 PM.