Go Back   420 Genetics > The Daily Chronic > Medical Marijuana
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Medical Marijuana Medical Marijuana News, Events and Drug Test Info.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Default cannabis strains for cancer fighting properties

Aloha 420Gs long time no chat.

My mother has stage 4 lymphoma with tumours in at least 2 organs. She also has type 2 diabetes and has had open wounds on a few of her toes for over a year. Before any of that, she has had chronic pain in her knees (both replaced), sleep apnea and depression.

I'm convinced cannabis will help her. To my knowledge, she's never tried it, because it was bad (illegal)

I'm in dire need of some information on which strains will have the proper canabinoids to cure her cancer. I understand that CBC has been found to inhibit tumour growth among others. I also understand CBD to be very important medicinally.

Are there any ways to test your harvest for cannabinoids ?(without lab access)

Last but not least, what do you suggest in order to obtain high quality medicine & or legal right to grow enough to produce the oil in Canada. I live in a region with very few medicinal mj cards, as well as no physicians who specialize in it.

Would an oncologist who pushes radiation and chemotherapy ever prescribe this? It baffles me that it's so difficult to gain legal medicinal access. If it can't kill you, helps alleviate chemo symptoms and has been proven to fight for your health, why don't they want to prescribe it?

It's really disheartening and frustrating. I just want my mother to be happy and enjoy the retirement that my father was unable to. Instead I see her getting sad and losing hope.

I'm forever grateful to anyone who can help the strongest and nicest woman I've ever met.

Take care and stay medicated,

Canabian
Old 05-30-2012, 04:51 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Style: Evil

Strain Name: Arizonan Western Light Purp

Genetics: Jock Horror X Grand Daddy Purp

Grade: A+

Type: Hybrid

Looks: Very Hairy Along With Amber And Purple Trichs Covering Purple And Neon Green Colas.

Smell: Fruity Hazy Grape

Taste: Grape, Spicy, Evergreen

Effects: Couchlock

Potency: High

Good Strain For: Pain, Anxiety, Gastroparesis, Celiac Disease, For Any Eating Disorders And Or Any Debilitating Conditions From Disease Or Cancer.

Strain Name: Aussie Blue

Grade: A+

Type: 90% Sativa

Smell: lovely lemony smell

Taste: Sweet and like lemon

Effects: Strong stone feeling

Good Strain Forain-cancer/chemo

Strain Name: OG Kush

Grade: A++

Type: indica

Looks: light green mixed with frost, some orange hairs

Smell: super danky, with one gram it has the whole room smellin good lol.

Taste: good smoke taste, is some flavour i cant explain

Effects: Highest ive ever been in my life off 3 super bong hits ans 2 fat blunts between 3 ppl and i was GONE. after you start to fall of that highnes you might get the mean munchies lol

Potency: super potent, smoked at around 3pm and it was 7pm and i was still trippin lol.

Good Strain For: if you want to get the highest you ever been, stress, relaxation , minor body pains

Strain Name: Blue Cheese

Genetics: Blueberry x Buddha Cheese

Grade: A-

Type: Indica

Looks: Light green buds with a slight tint of a bluish hue. The crystallization is complete with few hairs on the bud at all, all nuggage.

Smell: The smell is not like bleu cheese, but rather the most wonderful combination of the parents which I have had the pleasure of trying both. The fruitiness of the blueberry really penetrates through the musky skunk of the cheese but not without bringing along some of itís skunky attributes.

Taste: The taste is similar to smell but without the skunk taste. Just pure berries from the beginning of the bowl to the ash.

Effects: The effects are very intense. The effect is like a melting of the body, itís not that you donít want to get off the couch itís that youíre limbs just wonít respond. It mellows out to a more sativa head-buzz after the first few moments though.

Potency: The potency as described above, are extreme in the beginning but mellow out to a decent head buzz that allows you to concentrate on even the most tedious tasks, I was able to do some serious programming after some good fat bong rips.

Good Strain For: Chronic Pain, Spasms, Chronís Disease, Cancer, Joint Pain

I have heard herijuana is great for cancer...and any of the kush's are great for pain. Strong hazes are great for the munchies and nausea...anxiety that comes from the fear of having the disease etc. Chemdawg is very powerful and is great for pain. Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

good suggestions ozone, thanks!
i highly doubt i'll have access to clones, where do u suggest getting the OG in seed form? I haven't ordered seeds in a number of years now.

I hear ya on the OG, it's one of my personal favs as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green

i was watching a series on dispensary's and they were talking about the Bubba Kush they call it the cancer strain cause of its high CBD's

Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

Hey D9 howzit bro?

was that on american weed? if so ive seen that one and remember hearing that.

i found a documentary called cannabis cures cancer and they were talking about cbd and cbc being important for cancer.

She was prescribed the synthetic thc by her doctor but he has no knowledge or access to the medical marijuana cards.

her oncologist is her only option but shes the one pushing chemo.

I'm not too sure what to do from here. her doctor told her "its legal, but not really". wtf does that mean?

Time to fight for medical access because noone here even wants to talk about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
i was watching a series on dispensary's and they were talking about the Bubba Kush they call it the cancer strain cause of its high CBD's
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabian View Post
Hey D9 howzit bro?

was that on american weed? if so ive seen that one and remember hearing that.

i found a documentary called cannabis cures cancer and they were talking about cbd and cbc being important for cancer.

She was prescribed the synthetic thc by her doctor but he has no knowledge or access to the medical marijuana cards.

her oncologist is her only option but shes the one pushing chemo.

I'm not too sure what to do from here. her doctor told her "its legal, but not really". wtf does that mean?

Time to fight for medical access because noone here even wants to talk about it.
from what i read its illegal to cultivate there. but i do not think there pressing the issue on busting people its a low priority to them. especially people with cancer growing there own they will not mess with her. she can try to get a health Canada card but the bud they send is ground up stems and all.
but yea as far as i no the Bubba Kush is the best for her needs some dispencers call it the cancer strain. not only does it make her feel better but i was reading there has been research into it and i guess that some buds actually have cancer fighting agents in it that slow down and sometimes reverse some cancers.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:28 AM
A New Sprout

Default Medical marijuana

I just wanna share my experience in medical marijuana and it helps me deal with my health conditions. I've been suffering from chronic pain for how many years, but then when I learned that medical marijuana can help and cure sickness such mine like this article about a marijuana kylekushman.com/topic/my-bubble-gum-and-flo/ Cbd and thc are also new to me and I donít even smoke. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.