Go Back   420 Genetics > The Daily Chronic > Medical Marijuana
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Medical Marijuana Medical Marijuana News, Events and Drug Test Info.

Old 06-16-2006, 05:13 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Style: Dark Green
Default medical weed for insomnia?

Ive had insomnia for years Since my pre weed years It started back in junior high i guess. I always had to force myself to go to bed or i just stayed home the next day Well for the past 2 years i would say i Just cant seem to get to bed b4 the sun rises. LAtely ive found that if i dont smoke during the day and come home and toke up at night when im ready for bed Then i can fall asleep no problem Ive looked at some sites and some say they do prescribe weed for chronic insomnia And some say they dont know ive found that it also helps when i have no appitite (hint's why im only 120 pounds) Some people say that if you quit smoking it causes insomnia but i didnt quit just slowed down I think weed is one of the best sleep aids out there Strictly because i can wake up feeling refreshed and with no side affects like the over the counter drugs...Does anyone know about this? like the states that actually do the medical marijuana stuff My mom is moving to montana and they got a medical mj deal up there and if i cant get on it ill just go move up there...Im just tired of not being tired you know? I can be so ready to pass out then i go lay down and it just goes away Till i smoke a bowl then its lights out...?? Any advice or answers?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoneyz405
Ive had insomnia for years Since my pre weed years It started back in junior high i guess. I always had to force myself to go to bed or i just stayed home the next day Well for the past 2 years i would say i Just cant seem to get to bed b4 the sun rises. LAtely ive found that if i dont smoke during the day and come home and toke up at night when im ready for bed Then i can fall asleep no problem Ive looked at some sites and some say they do prescribe weed for chronic insomnia And some say they dont know ive found that it also helps when i have no appitite (hint's why im only 120 pounds) Some people say that if you quit smoking it causes insomnia but i didnt quit just slowed down I think weed is one of the best sleep aids out there Strictly because i can wake up feeling refreshed and with no side affects like the over the counter drugs...Does anyone know about this? like the states that actually do the medical marijuana stuff My mom is moving to montana and they got a medical mj deal up there and if i cant get on it ill just go move up there...Im just tired of not being tired you know? I can be so ready to pass out then i go lay down and it just goes away Till i smoke a bowl then its lights out...?? Any advice or answers?
I'm an insomniac. I use to get 2hrs. a night on a good night, now I get 4 (gettin' old). Prescription pills and MJ both help me fall asleep, but neither really keeps me sleeping. Pills leave me with a VERY druggy hangover, MJ doesn't so I go with the MJ.
Thats what my doctor recommended anyway while he was writing my prescription.....
Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Default insomnia

if smoking doesnt work go to the natural food store and get a bottle of melatonin.works great for me.works in about 20 to 40 minutes.its worth a try and keeps you from having to pay for a doctor visit and its all natural.....bg420
Old 06-21-2006, 01:36 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:
Style: Dark Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoneyz405
Till i smoke a bowl then its lights out...?? Any advice or answers?
I've not gone to bed without smoking first for over 20 years, I need it to get to sleep. I've always blamed the habit itself though, because most nights I wake up after 3 or 4 hours, and can't get back to sleep without burning more.

Do you dream ? I can't remember having any dreams at all for the last 20 years, something else I attribute to smoking before sleep. Just my experience, where I live there is no hope of medical MJ -- Captu4ik.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongrip420
if smoking doesnt work go to the natural food store and get a bottle of melatonin.works great for me.works in about 20 to 40 minutes.its worth a try and keeps you from having to pay for a doctor visit and its all natural.....bg420
Dude Melatonin?? LOL thats the chemical that causes pigment in your skin, don't think you wanna be taking too much of that unless you wanna look West African.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:53 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Default melatonin

i think youre mistaken.melatonin is a chemical that is natural in your brain.it builds up as the light starts to fade in the day.it is what makes you sleepy when you get sleepy.it is a sleep aid.has nothing to do with pigment in skin..

Insomnia
Although results are still controversial, studies suggest that melatonin supplements help induce sleep in people with disrupted circadian rhythms (such as those suffering from jet lag or poor vision or those who work the night shift) and those with low melatonin levels (such as some elderly and individuals with schizophrenia). In fact, a recent review of scientific studies found that melatonin supplements help prevent jet lag, particularly in people who cross five or more time zones.

A few studies suggest that when taken for short periods of time (days to weeks) melatonin is significantly more effective than placebo in decreasing the amount of time required to fall asleep, increasing the number of sleeping hours, and boosting daytime alertness. In addition, at least one study suggests that melatonin may improve the quality of life in people who suffer from insomnia and some experts suggest that melatonin may be of value for children with learning disabilities who suffer from insomnia.

Last edited by bongrip420; 06-22-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Black Blue

Jmoney,you are a vampire.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:28 PM
A New Sprout

Melatonin - Helps with sleep

MELANIN - pigment in skin.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
mj

To be honest i was not aware of the such good effects of weed in Insomnia. One of mine friend facing this problem and i will suggest him and refer this post for solution for Insomnia.
----------------------------------------------------------
Find the largest selection of glass bats*|*metal one hitters
Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:

i suffer from insomnia but wuth the wreckingball strain im currently puffing i sleep like a baby sometyime i pass out with a joint in my hand!