Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Strains & Crosses > Breeding Forum
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Breeding Forum Discuss Your Breeding Tactics Here

Old 07-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

It's (or was) a 100% male.
TF1 #500
Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-9
that mass strain is also known as chem dog its been around for a while as i know it . it made its way to NY and the name was changed to NYSD then to cali were it was yet renamed og kush but yes the chemdog i can get is clone only and does have the tendency to throw out bananas last few weeks but if you seen the buds it produces you would deal with the bananas trust me. i got sick of it and also i wanted to try a new method so i would end up harvesting 1/4 of the garden every 2 weeks and with plants at all different stages i was afraid those bananas would seed up my younger ladies
Nope. Not quite.
Chemdawg is from Colorado. Got out to the East Coast. (I'm sure everyone has read the whole phish concert thing). It was renamed Diesel. The Mass cut he is talking about is the Mass Super Skunk. (Friend is sending me a cut real soon)
Original/Daywrecker/Headband/Underdawg diesel are all Chemdawg x (MSS x Sensi NL). I have this cut, and have shared it with some friends.
The Daywrecker Diesel was crossed with a hawiian x affie called RFK, this is ECSD. I have this cut too.
Soma got some bagseed of the ECSD, and crossed it to his Hawaiian Afghani male given to him by Shanti. That is the NYCD.
There is also another cross named Daywrecker diesel that recently came out. It is a cross of the ECSD and OGK.

I would bet OGKush is not an S1 of Chemdawg. Although I will be the first to say they certainly are related. But if you have grown as much OG K as I have, and seen all the different phenos, you would agree. Even the S1 of SFV OGK as its called now, (which is quite honestly the first kushes running around that I came across back in '96), make S1's of SFV, and the offspring are very similar to the parent. Only occasioally do you get indica dom phenos. Most of the phenos resemble the parent signifigantly. (sp)
IMO OGK is more than likely a half sister of the Chemdawg '91.
Yher also begs the question of the Bubba kush int he equation.
Now, I have the Katsu cut, which is recognized as the original cut. I also have the "Pre 98" cut, which IMO is a bit more vigorous the Katsu, and has thicker stems. Now, the Katsu cut was passed around back in like '02'-03. No one has ever heard of the "Pre 98" cut prior to '06. So which came first? My guess is the Pre 98 is an S1 of the Katsu cut, and was named that to distinguish it from the other Bubba cuts running around at the time. More of a historical reference to the original parent, not a time stamp on when the genetics were created.
How does bubba relate to the CD and OGK? Well again I can only speculate. If the rumor of OGK being Chem x (Thai x O.W.P.) are true, then I can see potential for an explaination. If a CD selfed and pollenated a Thai x OWP female, you wouldnt get males, but get the breeding results people are seeing. Bubba would just be a Chem and OWP dom. OG would be Thai and Chem dom. This makes sense using all the available information. But the information is of course severely lacking. So take this for for what you will.

Let me ask you, which CD cut are able to obtain? Because they are still pretty safe gaurded aside from the '91. The CD-D and #4 are hard to get. And there are a lot of fakes running around too. I know first hand. HAHA Just curious. Got any pics?
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Nope. Not quite.
Chemdawg is from Colorado. Got out to the East Coast. (I'm sure everyone has read the whole phish concert thing). It was renamed Diesel. The Mass cut he is talking about is the Mass Super Skunk. (Friend is sending me a cut real soon)
Original/Daywrecker/Headband/Underdawg diesel are all Chemdawg x (MSS x Sensi NL). I have this cut, and have shared it with some friends.
The Daywrecker Diesel was crossed with a hawiian x affie called RFK, this is ECSD. I have this cut too.
Soma got some bagseed of the ECSD, and crossed it to his Hawaiian Afghani male given to him by Shanti. That is the NYCD.
There is also another cross named Daywrecker diesel that recently came out. It is a cross of the ECSD and OGK.

I would bet OGKush is not an S1 of Chemdawg. Although I will be the first to say they certainly are related. But if you have grown as much OG K as I have, and seen all the different phenos, you would agree. Even the S1 of SFV OGK as its called now, (which is quite honestly the first kushes running around that I came across back in '96), make S1's of SFV, and the offspring are very similar to the parent. Only occasioally do you get indica dom phenos. Most of the phenos resemble the parent signifigantly. (sp)
IMO OGK is more than likely a half sister of the Chemdawg '91.
Yher also begs the question of the Bubba kush int he equation.
Now, I have the Katsu cut, which is recognized as the original cut. I also have the "Pre 98" cut, which IMO is a bit more vigorous the Katsu, and has thicker stems. Now, the Katsu cut was passed around back in like '02'-03. No one has ever heard of the "Pre 98" cut prior to '06. So which came first? My guess is the Pre 98 is an S1 of the Katsu cut, and was named that to distinguish it from the other Bubba cuts running around at the time. More of a historical reference to the original parent, not a time stamp on when the genetics were created.
How does bubba relate to the CD and OGK? Well again I can only speculate. If the rumor of OGK being Chem x (Thai x O.W.P.) are true, then I can see potential for an explaination. If a CD selfed and pollenated a Thai x OWP female, you wouldnt get males, but get the breeding results people are seeing. Bubba would just be a Chem and OWP dom. OG would be Thai and Chem dom. This makes sense using all the available information. But the information is of course severely lacking. So take this for for what you will.

Let me ask you, which CD cut are able to obtain? Because they are still pretty safe gaurded aside from the '91. The CD-D and #4 are hard to get. And there are a lot of fakes running around too. I know first hand. HAHA Just curious. Got any pics?
the story i got was when it made its way to Ma. it was called
Mass Super Skunk but for some reason it would only produce killer buds under loads of fertilizers thats when it was renamed Chem Dog i havent grown them in a few years and i delete all my old pics im not exactly sure witch cutting of the CD i got but i had to promise the grower i would only keep it for myself and not to give out any clones he was reluctant to give em up in the first place but i finaly got 2 clones 1 i turned into a mother and grew out like 6 crops with it. but then i wanted to do a perpetual harvest and was worried they would get pollied by the bananas the CD throws out so i stopped growing it and started my perpetual harvest with new genetics. the chem is always around my area and people are selling it $125 and up for a 1/4oz. most all of the chem around here is coming out of western mass. to the boston area

Old 07-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 

HAHAHA. The name Chemdawg has nothing to do with being grown with chemical ferts or organically or any of that BS. LMAO! I have heard that rumor too, and Wonkanobe(AKA Chemdawg) and JJ both laughed their asses off.
Wonkanobe/Chemdawg is the man who found Chemdawg. Hes the one who cracked the seeds.
The bud was named Chemdog, and the East Coasters didnt like the name. They changed it to Diesel.
Mass Super Skunk is a late 80's early 90's Skunk. I want to say its a Sensi Skunk x Skunk #1. I dont recall though. Totally different from CD.

See, I wonder if you got the Original Diesel. Because the Chem doesnt toss the nanners unless you stress it (at least thats what I've read). But the Original D will throw naners under very little stress. And the ECSD will throw em at the drop of a dime.

Can you describe the growth structure of the plant a bit?
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 

Current Mood:
plant

it had a large main cola with medium side shoots it came from western mass. it was some nice weed except the banana issue maybe it was diesel
whats the creator a friend of yours

Old 07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 

No I do not know Chemdawg, if I did I would have the all the chemdawg cuts! heh heh heh
I found all this info in a few years ago in my quest to determine the lineage of OG Kush.
The chemical vs. organic thing was talked about a few times, and everytime Chem and JJ laughed.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
mj

i guess Sensi Seeds has created a way to make 100% female seeds. not feminized witch have the tendency to throw banana's or even become a full male . but there keeping there method secret it will be out soon as no great secret stays that way. but thats there claim if you noticed they chose to avoid the whole feminized movement untill they could produce pure fems there know starting to hit the market but i believe this is gonna be the method of the future for making fem seeds

Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
A New Sprout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-9
i guess Sensi Seeds has created a way to make 100% female seeds. not feminized witch have the tendency to throw banana's or even become a full male . but there keeping there method secret it will be out soon as no great secret stays that way. but thats there claim if you noticed they chose to avoid the whole feminized movement untill they could produce pure fems there know starting to hit the market but i believe this is gonna be the method of the future for making fem seeds
I really wouldn't be suprised if it came out they were using STS or something of that nature. Only way I've ever got 100% results in the past that didn't herm under the same conditions.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM
A New Sprout

Default OG Kush

MMMMM, you got a magic bean out of the bunch!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
A New Sprout

Default Seeds

I hope you kept these goin!