Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Strains & Crosses > Breeding Forum
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Breeding Forum Discuss Your Breeding Tactics Here

Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

BOG, not so much a breeder, but great at selection. He used polyhybrids for his genetics, but his selection was spot on, and the following generations prove that.
DJ, a true breeder. Great selection. Great parental stock. Great offspring.
HTC/OGBub & Tom Hill - Same as above.
Shanti - same as above.

"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 07-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:
Style: Grey

While I agree DJ is a true breeder, even his F1 stock for sale is known to be less than consistent as far as phenotype. I cannot speak for the others.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
plant

well that lays it out in a way i can understand. ive been told before but they made it realy hard to follow but know i get it that means the
Blueberry x Bublicious/White Willow ive been working with f1s to start. i grew out 3 grows picking a male and a female with the traits im looking for i grow out 20 seeds and pick my 2 favs and cross em that would make my last cross f4s correct its showing 3-4 phenos these are my 2 favorites

Last edited by Delta-9; 07-28-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

SFC, I think DJ's variation in F1's (especially the earlier years) were from using 3 dominant landraces. BB is a 3 way hybrid, each of the original Parental's were fighting it out for dominance.

Delta, that is correct. If you pick a male and female from each generation and breed them, and you have done that 3 times, then you are working with F4's now. You will probably have it stabilized by F6. Only problem is 20 is not a large enough pool for accurate selection. You really need hundreds of each and careful selection of dominant and recessive traits for every generation.
But it is still workable, and once you get it stabilized you should be proud.
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
mj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
SFC, I think DJ's variation in F1's (especially the earlier years) were from using 3 dominant landraces. BB is a 3 way hybrid, each of the original Parental's were fighting it out for dominance.

Delta, that is correct. If you pick a male and female from each generation and breed them, and you have done that 3 times, then you are working with F4's now. You will probably have it stabilized by F6. Only problem is 20 is not a large enough pool for accurate selection. You really need hundreds of each and careful selection of dominant and recessive traits for every generation.
But it is still workable, and once you get it stabilized you should be proud.
ya i know you need hundreds of plants to do a proper IBL. but i have to work with the space i have it was even hard to do 20 in that space but thanks for clearing that up for me