Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Strains & Crosses > Breeding Forum
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Breeding Forum Discuss Your Breeding Tactics Here

Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Confused Breeding Question

i want to make some Dragon's Breath crosses keeping the DB traits and i was wondering does it keep more of the female's traits or does it represent both male and fem 50/50 basically am i better off making the DB crosses
using the DB as the fem like DB x AK-47/Bubbleberry does it matter witch is witch. i plan on 2 crosses DB x AK/BB and DB x Dire/BB
any help would be appreciated

Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
A New Sprout

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:

You are probably gonna see phenos all over the board. If it helps the male usually donaes the growth/branching strucutre, and suprise, the mom mostly donates the flowering traights.
Harry Anslinger: “There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others. Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

The actions of this man is what our marijuana laws are still based on today. WTF!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo
You are probably gonna see phenos all over the board. If it helps the male usually donaes the growth/branching strucutre, and suprise, the mom mostly donates the flowering traights.
cool i dont have a big selection of those strains only 5 of each so i will take the best males from the AK x BB and the Dire x BB and use the best 2 DB fems and just polly the lower buds so i can still get some smoke off them
the resulting seeds i will use to start a stabilized IBL line.
i just dont want to lose the genetics as i have no more DB's or AK x BB seeds
i chose these strains because the DB has the same genetics
im using the AK-47 x Bubbleberry adding AK back into the DB and Dire x BB adding SDV3 back into the DB and im hoping the Bubbleberry adds colour same with the Blue Buddha

Old 11-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

bump...
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
Style: Black Gold

come on use...i thought you were the authority on breeding?

I would have to say that crossing the same genetics will represent a 50/50 of what you originally got in the beginning, although you might get similar parentage....as solo said you might still get phenos from all "across the board".

the continuing of an ibl strain might become better if you cross the same strain with the same strain then take a strong yet similar male (considering structure, growth pattern and vigor) from those seeds and cross agian with the same mother from the original cross. agian you might end up with varied phenos but to take a similar pheno from the first set of seeds and recross with the same parentage you might end up with a more stable strain in the end.

this all depends on how well the original strain was bred in the begining, but still...the end results could be varied depending on the og parentage and the genetics that you are originally starting with.

If the cross has persay several "phenos" liked or unliked, and then crossed with another strain or the same with varied phenos... the the outcome can be expected to be vaired agian....or stabilized somewhat by choosing similar parentage from the beginning.

i would suggest researching inbred lines (ibl's), f2's and even outcrossing (as a source for f1s) even though the outcome can be even more varied (with f1s) tho vigor might be the positive as well as potency and yeild in these crosses...making the possibility for a select mother from these seeds more appealing in the end for clones and later generations of either product or f2 seeds and/or later crosses with the same line.

i hope you find what you are looking for.....

Rest in peace
Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 AM
In the Flowering Stages

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

My next Breeding is gonna be back crossing. Why try and mess with a good thing.HAHAHAHAHA. Tap
Old 11-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Diogenes Reincarnate

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

HAHA Trillio, I was just wasted and my reply did not make much sense, so I bumped it in order to reply when I was in a better state of consciousness. While what you say is correct, you are also not factoring in polyhybrids. Polyhybrids of cannabis are genetically far more similar to modern breeding of strawberries than to that of mendels sno peas.

To answer your first post, Solo is 100% correct 50% of the time. If you are talking about IBL's and landraces then he is spot on. When talking about polyhybrids dominance factors come into play and change the ballgame.

Since you're talking about crossing two hybrids to create polyhybrids, you are gotta play a different game here.

The Dragons Breathe is Ak-47 x SDV3
And you have some AK47 x Blue Budda (?) (guessing its the Budda and not Blueberry or Big Bud ? )
And the Direwolf x BB...

So what are the genetics of the Blue Budda and the Direwolf?

The SDV3 is already a polyhybrid. The AK is a stable line, so you are OK there.

What specific traits are trying to preserve? (growth? flower structure? flower time? terpenes and terpenoids? potency/effect? )

These are the first things you need to know, and have determined before you start your breeding program.

Now that being said, nothing says you cant go off all willie nillie, and then just line breed using large numbers (at least 100) and pick the phenos you prefer to continue breeding with. After crossing 5 generations using strict selection throughout the entire breeding cycle, the line will be stable.

Tappy, BX'ing is a great way to bring out prefered traits from a parent.
"I desire knowledge by nature", the words of Aristotle, my nature is not to hate you. So I try to put myself in the depths of the other man, peace to my brother man, in search of my place in this world to discover man, DAMN check out the colors man...
Old 11-27-2008, 05:29 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
HAHA Trillio, I was just wasted and my reply did not make much sense, so I bumped it in order to reply when I was in a better state of consciousness. While what you say is correct, you are also not factoring in polyhybrids. Polyhybrids of cannabis are genetically far more similar to modern breeding of strawberries than to that of mendels sno peas.

To answer your first post, Solo is 100% correct 50% of the time. If you are talking about IBL's and landraces then he is spot on. When talking about polyhybrids dominance factors come into play and change the ballgame.

Since you're talking about crossing two hybrids to create polyhybrids, you are gotta play a different game here.

The Dragons Breathe is Ak-47 x SDV3
And you have some AK47 x Blue Budda (?) (guessing its the Budda and not Blueberry or Big Bud ? )
And the Direwolf x BB...

So what are the genetics of the Blue Budda and the Direwolf?

The SDV3 is already a polyhybrid. The AK is a stable line, so you are OK there.

What specific traits are trying to preserve? (growth? flower structure? flower time? terpenes and terpenoids? potency/effect? )

These are the first things you need to know, and have determined before you start your breeding program.

Now that being said, nothing says you cant go off all willie nillie, and then just line breed using large numbers (at least 100) and pick the phenos you prefer to continue breeding with. After crossing 5 generations using strict selection throughout the entire breeding cycle, the line will be stable.

Tappy, BX'ing is a great way to bring out prefered traits from a parent.
I need to mail you some crayons....My head hurts!!
From The Mountain Tops, Where The Wind BlowsTo The Green Valleys Down Below. Where The Snow Melts And The Rivers Flow I Just Want To Live My Life.Where The Trees Grow, And The Air Is Clean.Where Nature's Free Do To Her Thing, Everything Is One If You Know What I Mean. I Just Want To Live My Life.Im Proud To Be A Stoner, Im Proud To Be A Stoner, Im Proud To Be A Stoner.Yes I Am, For The Rest Of My Days.
KMK for life
Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 PM
In the Flowering Stages

Current Mood:
Style: Black Gold
Thumbs up

i knew you were gunna chime in brother :p

just busting your chops- to hammared last night to post LOL

been there!

Rest in peace
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Thumbs up

thanks for all the info guys
and Useless the AK-47 x BB is pretty stable and the BB in the mix is Bubbleberry