Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Strains & Crosses > Breeding Forum
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Breeding Forum Discuss Your Breeding Tactics Here

Old 06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

I enjoy how you do your double potting, gl with your project bro.
TF1 #500
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 7

Current Mood:
Style: Green
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don de Marco View Post
I enjoy how you do your double potting, gl with your project bro.
thanks DDM
i read somewhere that elevated potting is good for smaller pots it gives more room for the roots.
and i think it also said it helps with aeration.

if all goes rite and i get a good amount of seeds from each strain. i will hook up a few buddy's to do some test runs see what results they give.

the crosses i am most interested to make are as follows.

Pre2000 DJ BB x WD/DC
Pre98 Bubba x WD/DC
OD x WD/DC
E.S.P x WD/DC

i think the results from these crosses will have some killer pheno's to hunt down.

the WD x DC have some good genetics in the mix. the info i found on the Wonder Diesel is that its ECSD x Williams Wonder its from Rez so i am not sure witch Diesel was used. it says that they sold out fast and they made more with a different male so i am not sure witch version i got.
and the Deep Chunk is 100% Afghan bud that looks killer in all the pics i have seen. it looks like the trim will give up a good amount of hash the sugar leaves get mega frosty

Old 06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 

Current Mood:
Cool

here are some pics from today!! in the past when i have made crosses i would try to find the male that has the most indica looking leaves and the shortest nodes. is that the way to go if i am just looking for mostly indica plants.
and with the males should i use the bigger faster flowering plant or the short one thats a bit behind his brother.
or like i have read could i just use both males or would that make the resulting seed less stable?

i also added some more light into the tent to help along for the flower cycle.
now i got 6- 3200 lumen shop lights and i just added a 65w 3900 lumen CFL and a 150w fluro setup not sure of the lumens but it puts out allot of light its just in the blue spectrum. but i think those 2 CFL lights will make a difference there more powerful compared to just shop lights.

here are some pics i super cropped the WD x DC fem so it will put out some side shoots to take clones from. same with thing the OD s1 has very little side growth so i might have to re-veg them cause i want to grow out the clones this fall under the 1k to push them and really see how good it is. so far the OD s1 is a solid fem flowering rite along with the WD x DC they are looking real nice

Last edited by Delta-9; 06-12-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

im getting the camera out right now. I switched to using all CFL bulbs in my BRAND NEW grow space. i havent really noticed a big difference switching from 400w HPS and 400w MH to using a shit load of CFL's the biggest difference is i can bud more plants with the same power usage, because I can spread the light around more.

I might try the elevated potting thing too. I use smaller pots and have room to spare. so yeah, I think it might work out.

EDIT: Im just going to start another thread for this.

Last edited by radracer; 06-15-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Default Nice postings bro!

What happened to the ones that didn't make it? They weren't getting enough light or what? I'm pretty n00bish so sorry for dumb Q's. But how could you tell they were male that early, the lack of internodes in the branching?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:52 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

whoopsies meant to post that to a diff post sorry

Last edited by *LegalizeNature*; 06-16-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: no need for this explination, please delete weeby :)
Old 06-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LegalizeNature* View Post
What happened to the ones that didn't make it? They weren't getting enough light or what? I'm pretty n00bish so sorry for dumb Q's. But how could you tell they were male that early, the lack of internodes in the branching?
not sure what you mean by the ones that did not make it?
as for telling the sex of the plant usually about a week and a half to two weeks it starts showing pre-flowers at each node either a female that would have 2 white hairs. or male that would start out almost like a ball on a stick then it will get bigger out as it flowers.

but the male i chose is really starting to drop the pollen. i just put my fan on high and swing it back and forth. lol
its in the center of all the other plants and some fems are already showing signs of being pollinated.
i got 2 females i got a big nice one i am hoping gets some side growth so i can take clones. and a runt i am keeping in veg to see how it goes.
first 2 pics are the fem WD x DC. them the whole setup and some fem buds i think are pollinated.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *LegalizeNature* View Post
these pics might help you with sexing your plants!!
they show both Male and Female pre-flowers the first sign of sex they are hard to see at first cause there tiny. for me seems males show first and are easy to find after you sex a few plants.

but ideally you want to find and clone the best female pheno from each strain you grow. not sure if you no what i mean by pheno but basically if you pop 20 seeds of say WW so you will end up with around 10 fems. even though its the same strain all the plants will look a bit different sometimes totally different. 1 will be short bushy big fluffy bud killer smoke, another will look the same and the smoke will be totally different, 1 could be tall and skinny, and some will flower in 8-9 weeks while others have to go 9-10 weeks so it can vary. some breeders have stable seed strains that have few phenos but most it can go from one end of the spectrum to the other.
thats why you should clone the best females. if you see most growers eventually go to a clone only garden and maybe pops seeds here and there. its just more efficient when you no for sure you will have a killer crop of all the same DANK buds. instead of 1 plant that is awesome another thats alright. so try your hand at cloning its really fairly easy. that way you have like 4 of your favorite strains and keep a mother in the veg room of each one and it will give clones for years keeping you stocked with great smoke

Old 06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

i looked in there this morning and all the stigmas have dried out shriveled up and are orange so i take it there pollinated.
i even turned the fan on high and gave the male a shake a big dust cloud came out so every hair on those plants got hit.
from all the plants i should get 1000's of seeds from this grow. and maybe a little smoke but probably not much at all those girls are gonna be seed bombs.
the following fems are gonna take off now so in 5-7 weeks i will be harvesting seed. the OD s1 is staying a solid fem so far thats really cool
2 Dabney's
2 KKSC
2 E.S.P
1 pre98
1 OD
1 OD s1
1 WD x DC

Old 06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Ready to Harvest

Bud of the Month

Current Mood:
Cool

well i was looking into the WD x DC genetics.
seems that the Williams Wonder is a IBL Afghan line from the SSSC.
then the Sour Diesel i am not sure witch version Rez used in the cross.
and the DC is a 100% Afghan.
with those genetics i am excited to try the Bubba x WD/DC should have some smaller bushy plants. this cross should be close to 100% indica