Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:
Style: Red

Hey looks awesome! Love the little scrog. Very cool.

Do you go 11/13 to speed up flowering? I am going the opposite, 13/11. We shall see how the JS compares with each.

How many watts are on each of those scrogs?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

I think 11/13 speeds up showing preflowers and results in a faster finishing time. The main reason however was to reduce warmth during the summer month, but now I may go back to 12/12 or 13/11 even later in the season. My IKEA that hosts my genetic library was currently set from 18/6 to 20/4 and I may do 24/7 later on for providing warmth in my room closet that hosts my three microcabs (Ikea kitchen cupboard from the trash, Bedside Locker aka Cab1 bought second hand and Server Case from the trash once again).
I actually do think that main flowering happens during dark, when the plants convert the energy collected during the light period. I have a wicked timer that allows 14/12 for example. And when I have more weed stashed I might give it a try to see whether it screws them plants up seriously or not. A day with 26 hrs sounds funny.
The small plant in the blue container is very close to 138 W cfls (2 x 50, 1 x 16 and 23 UVA/UVB) in Cab1. The lumens are above 7000 as I can remember. (somewhere between 7200 and 7500). The bigger one is under a 70 W HPS from Osram in the server case. I changed the bulb with this grow, so it's only five weeks old by now.
TF1 #500
Old 10-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

The stretch I was talking about is kicking in now.
TF1 #500
Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

it doesnt look so stretched Don, still very bushy to me. are you not feeding the tops through the net to get that screen of green your after? or does the double scrog mean there will be another screen added as the plant grows bigger?

sorry, im just fuckin stoned lol.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by <CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME>
it doesnt look so stretched Don, still very bushy to me. are you not feeding the tops through the net to get that screen of green your after? or does the double scrog mean there will be another screen added as the plant grows bigger?

sorry, im just fuckin stoned lol.
I had some very noticeable stretch again during the dark period. I let her do this deliberately, so I could bend the shots more easily, as they're growing more sturdy now. I have not taken a before or an after shot of this yet. Oh, the second (larger screen is already on top. The first screen was introduced during veg. Now I'm back at the same height I had before and I have still about 3.5" headroom .
TF1 #500
Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

After training picture and a closeup.
TF1 #500
Old 10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

i like the close up of the training there don, i thought thats how you done it, but i wasnt sure. now i know its how its done. thanks for confirming that mate, even if you didnt know you were helping lol. i cant see the second screen. where is it?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by <CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME>
i cant see the second screen. where is it?

there on this early picture you can see it through the canopy. Great I could help, that's just why I made the picture .
TF1 #500
Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Yesterday I applied those bad mineral nutes. 1/2 strength nutes for veg PLUS 1/2 strength for flower, ph-ed down to 5.2 and around 1300 ppm. Maybe to strong for some, but It works for the JS. I have pictures of the brands if any1 is interested. They're not that fancy cannabis stuff, just plain soild normal ones.
I usually feed a mix of veg and bloom once in early flowering, followed by two times the mineral ones for bloom in 1/2 strenght. With an optional watering without nutes in between, judging by the looks of the plant. Then it's all organic, molasses, alfalfa, beer (if I have some, I don't drink) ...
A bit of chemicals cannot hurt tha bad imho, I think it's like chewing a Hubba Bubba with all of it's artificial stuff in it, when otherwise eating healthy. It's fun.
I'm repeating my own statements here
I usually feed until I see very slight signs of overfeeding (brown tips on older leaves) when I know the strain I'm growing, supercharging the plants. Then I cut back. I haven't had to flush one single time till now. Later on it's the inoculant taking care for the plants. I have had great success with organic and cheap tomato nutes containing beneficial mycorrhiza and micro organisms. The wormpoo is great as well.
You can both look up here:
http://www.420genetics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4096
http://www.420genetics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3878
TF1 #500
Old 10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don de Marco
there on this early picture you can see it through the canopy. Great I could help, that's just why I made the picture .
thanks i may have to resort to a ScrOG in the final stages of bud. do you think thi s could be done??

lookin good tho mate keep t up