Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 1

Current Mood:
Style: Dark Green

I've only trimmed my roots on Bonsai Mums. It should keep them short.
Your friend doesn't like LST? I love LST, but for a comptuer case, it may be hard to find space to tie them down.

Your plants do look green and healthy. I was thinking of doing a computer case grow, so this should be fun to watch.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

Anyway - and I mentioned this in the fridge thread slightly - cutting back roots to a uniform size of the plants ersults in more uniform plants. That's usually done with clones in very early veg to keep them uniform for sog. But I was not talking about that when you asked me, I thought it was for renovating.
TF1 #500
Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 PM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

thanks for the comments, its done ow so well see how it goes.

AlienBait id recomend an older server case like dons, the regular 1s are really pushed for space id like to LST, it would mean that the side branches would grow more uniform, staying pretty much the same height, which will creat a sog like canopy in the freezer when theyr in bud. does this make sense??

:edit: 1 more thing, how long after trimming the roots should i wait until i begin feeding them 1/4 strength nutes??

thanks again DIV
Old 11-15-2007, 12:40 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:
Style: Neon
Joint Well

As far as I know can't...the plant maintains a balance between root mass and foliage mass. So trimming them has offset the balance and it will probably try to restore it by either growing out the roots or loosing leafs or a combination of the two. If you do feed it I would say keep it low N and Higher K then P. Some bonide root and grow would help feed the root growth and some superthrive would help the shock it may experience. You should always try to use one fix at a time so you know what it was that you did that worked, I know it is hard to wait and see if it works but we should all do that. Hope everything goes well and hope this gives you something to chew on at least.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

higher P than N & K? could i just feed them bloom nutes?? and why higher P, they are in veg?

sorry for the questions, i just dont get why.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I suppose new groth is stalled for a few days until the rootsystem catches up again. I guess doob was referring to P as root groth needs it. I'd say, be careful with the new delicate roots developing. Only a dash of seaweed (a few drops will do) and one drop B1 vitamines or Superthrive I suppose. I don't know how much it is, but 250 ml Seaweed extract and B1 vitamines are under 10 € here. Dunno whether Superthrive can beat that anyways. You can see what I mix for my plants in my soilles coco thread and what components I use as well. I don't want to spend the big money on fancy names. I use what I can get, you'll never get a plant that matches any feeding schedule anyway imho. With the understanding of the plant's needs, you know what to give or take. You need at least part of that knowledge even with special soil, nutes and schedule made for cannabis despite of all that. And since I'm happy ranting along: Even the Cannaterra soil I got accidentially didn't meet my standards (I could get better and cheaper potting soil here) and was used up outdoors.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 11-15-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:45 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

right on
Old 11-17-2007, 01:36 AM
A New Sprout

Current Mood:

i dont think id like to start trying my own feed mixes just yet, i think well stay with 1 that i know works, until we have a few grows under our belts. chatch my drift?

and ive tied them all down today because, even tho theyre 24/0 lights, they have stretched really bad. but i think that after topping them all, this will create 8-10 main colas when these branches grow, am i right in thinking this?

Last edited by <CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME>; 11-17-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:02 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:
Style: Neon
Joint They will be nice buds.

More like good sized finger buds than a cola. In a micro they should be similar to the buds at the start of my grow log. Those were taken before the swell (@ 7 weeks) and had five tops. Each time you divert cola energy to a top the individual bud size decreases, more so when you top, when you tie over the cola still gets a good amount of the energy but not all. So you can kind of use that to gauge your results a bit. Mine was topped twice and initially had 14-15 tops, I hacked away like a fool and ended with 5.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I wouldn't mention hacking in this content here doob .
I was not forcing you into trying your own mixes CTOAUN, but applying for more basic understanding. Nutes aren't the fuel and the plant is not a racecar. And a grower can certainly not ride the accelerator down to the floor to increase speed and yield, literally spoken.
TF1 #500