Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Default Lowrider 2's and Jamaican Sunshine.

Well, after a few screwed up plants through total neglect and lack of respect for my babies I have decided to do things right this time. Roughly 5 weeks ago I germinated 3 Jamaican Sunshine seeds and put them straight into 12/12. About 1.5 weeks ago 2 were showing male preflowers and were discarded. The lone plant that was left showed sex as female a couple of days ago and after her first feed she stretched a few inches in one night. Also 16 days ago I planted 5 Lowrider #2 seeds. The seedlings had some trouble because I dropped them when they were only 4-5 days old (dont ask) and I had to let go of one...Of the 4 that are left 2 are doing great and 2 are tiny, pitiful and weak so I decided to germ the other 5 as a backup. I am unsure if the weak ones are micro pheno or have had damage from the accident but I suspect they are micro pheno because their root develpment at the time of the accident was not as big as the two bigger plants. I have seen some runt Lowriders turn out quite good so I will keep them going and see how they turn out. I am looking for a strong male and female to make some F2's from the lowriders.

On to some pics from day 15 for the LR2's...yesterday

1st up the box. JS on the left LR2's on the right. 125w Blue and 146W warmwhite CFL's then the lowriders on there own and a closer view of the JS 12/12 from seed now on a 10/14 schedule to finish her quicker. Oh and the LR2's are on an 18/6 cycle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0025.jpg (183.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0001.jpg (214.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0029.jpg (198.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Bud of the Month
Bud of the Month Bud of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Current Mood:
Style: Neon
Joint Hi

Looking good MG, I wish you luck in your projects and will be watching as I am curious about the LR.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

I'm very interested in them lowryders and the JS of course
TF1 #500
Old 12-06-2007, 07:50 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The JS was about 6" when she showed sex. I expect she will finish only 10-12" high. If I get 1/2 oz from her I will be delighted...though I expect she will probably give me around 10g with the accelerated flowering cycle. We shall see. There wil be no training and she is in a 3.5L pot.

With the LR2's I am going against the Joint Doctors advice a bit by potting up. He reckons best results come from planting direct in 1-2 gallon pots. Although he does mention starting in 4" pots until sex and then potting up when sex is shown as a not so effective alternative. I am using this method because of lack of space- My main goal here is to seed one female in the smaller 50W box so I can get F2's enough to begin to grow perpetually with an aim of harvesting maybe 2 plants every 3/ 4 weeks or similar. Because of the lack of veg cycle in the LR2's they are impossible to clone. Its maybe possible but you would just end up with a really tiny plant probably. We are having problems getting enough to last between grows. If I can't get it to work out this time then its gonna be more space and more light (hps and proper fan and filter), although I suspect the space you see above can achieve the goal of 2 plants every 3/4 weeks which should be enough to keep us going. We just need to hope its a good smoke.

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-06-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:06 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I just been into the room. After seeing the JS today I have upped my height estimate to probably closer to 15" maybe more. She is stretching at an extraordinary rate now 9" high after 3 days flowering. Stretching an inch a day easy and I expect it to get faster. There a pic of her from just 5 minutes ago and a closer view to show the preflowers developing 75% of the way up the pic.

The LR2's are certainly riding low with their 4th real nodes (not counting the single leaf nodes) coming through at only about 2" high, its day 17 from seed for them, I expect preflowers to develop in the coming week at least on the two that are developing well. The runts also seem to be starting to develop so maybe they are just slow starters and will take longer to finish. they certainly won't be getting used for breeding thats for sure. I need speed They have had a 1/3 dose of Substral plant food which is 7/1.5/6 a few days ago. Its actually pretty good veg food and is complete with all the micros and can also be used for hydro, alot of growers in Sweden use it for veg. The JS has had the same but at 1/2 strength and will continue on this for another 2 weeks when I will switch to a 6/6/4 Palm feed which was the only thing I could find locally with decent P in it. I suspect its a bit low in K but I will fix that as its alot easier to source than P. A solution made from ash, water and apple cider vinegar to level the PH of the ash should hopefully do it. Also the palm feed has no beneficials or extra micros in it so hopefully the fact that I am PH downing with apple cider vinegar (has a load of micros in it) should keep the plants happy...we shall see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JS1.jpg (167.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg JSPF.jpg (159.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg LR2high.jpg (149.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg LR2top.jpg (298.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-06-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoob
Looking good MG, I wish you luck in your projects and will be watching as I am curious about the LR.
As long as I keep giving enough LOVE then the luck should take care of itself. All will be fine and dandy I am sure Thanks for taking interest
Old 12-08-2007, 06:44 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

This LR2 was showing female preflowers on day 18 from seed (yesterday evening) at only about 3-3.5" high. maybe I'll pot up..

Roots beginning to fill the current pot OK lets get her into a 5L pot to finish in.

Place her gently in fresh professional potting compost for large plants. Normally I would moisten the new soil by misting it but as this soil is nice and fresh and moist from the bag there is no need.

Fill up the sides with fresh soil, water in gently and we have a virtually stress free transplant completed.

In her new home until harvest, nice and close to the 73w of red cfls. She should take about 5-6 weeks to finish.

The unsexed plant, probably female with the two "runts" which are now starting to take off and three new LR2's which germinated after 3 days. Two are still no shows.

I also done some shopping today at the grow shop online, by the end of next week I expect to have a fresh 200W red spectrum envirolite and E40 socket, some biobizz grow, biobizz bloom, and 5m of black and white foil to line the inside of the box properly. I forgot the superthrive in the order so rather than pay an extra shipping fee I will just leave it for now. Maybe I can follow Dons lead and find some alfalfa and turtle vitamins in the petshop to use instead of superthrive.

And just because I want to share my good news with all and sundry, I got MARRIED yesterday to my wonderful Swedish wife.

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-08-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The other bigger LR2 showed sex today, shes a she as I expected so I potted her up to a 5L too.

the runts a wee while ago, growing fairly rapidly now as you can see and their two wee siblings in the background. The 3rd one that had popped its head seemed a bit premature so I covered it with another few mm of soil and put it away from the intense light with the other ungermed seeds. I expect it should be ready to cast its shell tomorrow

Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I probably update more often than I should really. Anyway, I got some time to kill this morning and a few pics never done anyone any harm did they? Even if its several weeks befor the nice ones start to hopefully come

I think the JS is looking a bit grumpy, I have came to the conclusion that she is slightly overwatered because the LR2's like to drink alot and I have gave her as much water as them when I watered. Other than the grumpiness she is looking very healthy except for a slight lightening of the three fingered node which you can see in the very bottom right of the first pic. I took this as a cue to give her her first and only dose of the NPK 6/6/4 palm feed I mentioned before at about 2/3 strength. I should have the biobizz nutes by the end of this week hopefully and will finish her off on them. I gave the last few hundred mm of the palm feed to the two larger, sexed LR2's. I have heard they are able to stand quite alot of nutes so it shouldnt do them any harm What do you think regarding the JS and my overwatering conclusion DDM?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The LR2's are now on day 22 from seed. As you can see I have two very distinct phenotypes here. One very Indica looking and the other more Sativa dominated. I expect she will be the taller and is proving this so far although she seems to be a day or so ahead of her Indica looking sister. I think I may try to pollinate a lower branch or two of each if I find a male in time.

Sativa dom.

Indica dom.

side by side

a quick look at the others, I expect the larger one will show sex in 2-3 days time. Two seeds havent germinated so I dug them up for a look yesterday, they arent looking good but I'll leave them in the soil anyway. 8/10 germinated successfully and one died after the accident. Its looking that the two in the larger pots at the back are two phenos similar to the two above.

MG