Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don De Marco
and you'll maybe find some seaweed in your local garden store, usually not called seaweed tho.
I found another gem from Suby over at the OFC...man that thread rocks!

Quote:
the liquid kelp which you can swap for sushi wraps that you can then boil, chuck in the blender, and then bottle and keep refrigerated.
I'm hoping I can find sushi wraps at one of the big supermarkets in town. I have a feeling I seen them there once. They should do the job nicely.

MG
Old 12-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigrowGrower
I'm hoping I can find sushi wraps at one of the big supermarkets in town. I have a feeling I seen them there once. They should do the job nicely.

MG
Yeah nori sheets may work. If using anything edible have a look at the salt that may be in it. I sometimes use sweet soy sauce for teas.
TF1 #500
Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Yes, soy is supposed to be an excellent chelator.. better than mollasses in fact from what I've learned, probably doesnt taste so good though. We have loads of golden syrup here as well, which I could use too.

I also have a bottle of "pomegranete mollases" that I found. It is used in middle eastern cooking and is basically concentrated pomegranete juice, its very dark and sticky. I can't find any info about it for use as a fertilizer but it is extremely high in carbohydrates so is probably good as a chelator too as well as tasting great.

MG
Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I remember one (fungal) tea I made by adding overripe grapes and soy sauce. Was one of the best I made. Your melasses should be good I suppose. I'm a bit short of time atm., so I'm not brusque if I should give that impression, I'm only pressed.
TF1 #500
Old 12-13-2007, 11:22 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Lol I had to look up the word brusque...not at all m8.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

From this:

To this:

in 5 days...they are now 26 days from seed they even still have their cotelydons which are nice and dark green.

Here are the two runts and the latest seedlings...

see the one at the left rear? It's male. It goes under the 50W tonight. The two at the front and the one on the far right are on day 8 from seed. I have noticed something in common about the 3 "Runts", they all had a very stressfull experience when they were still embrios. All three of them were dropped! I am starting to think that the apparent runtism isnt genetic but that the damage caused to them while they were still embrios took roughly a week to recover from, and thats why they are about a week behind. This is the reason I am putting the male under the 50W. It seems to be developing at about the same rate as its bigger sisters, its just a week behind because it went into almost stasis with the shock of the accident while it repaired its damage. Also both "runts" lost their cotelydons already, unlike their bigger sisters. I am presuming this is because they burned them up repairing whatever damage they recieved. I will pollinate at least one branch on its bigger sisters once I get some pollen in the next week or two. By then I should also know the sex of the two healthy seedlings on the right too and of course the other "runt". 1 male and one female would be nice for a backup in case the "runts" are in fact genetically so.

My package hasn't arrived yet with the extra light etc, tommorrow hopefully, otherwise its next week as we dont get mail on a saturday here.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The JS is recovered from the second snap. Branches are looking nice so I think I'll snap that Cola down again.

Snep snapped and in for her 10 hours of light with her LR2 cousins.

Oh, and the male LR2 has a new home to make pollen under a 15W cool white and 36w warm white cfl's, no need for a bigger pot or anything here.

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-14-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Day 28 from seed.

Maturing quickly huh?

The stocky one is my favourite. I have a feeling she will yield fairly well for her height. The lankier one may need tied down. I have about another 5-6" to play with and she is roughly a foot tall now. They are both branching profusely as you can see. The big one also has a problem near the top of the plant that I can't identify, although I suspect it may just be weak genetically because I really cant identify what nutes she could be needing as ph has been fine and shes only been in the new pot just over a week. I will post in the "pest and plant problems section" for advice.

Here are the seedlings on day 11 from seed. The other "runt" was male and went in with his brother.

I am preparing for pollination of some of the lower branches in the coming week. If I am right about the weak genetics of the larger plant I won't bother making seeds from her.

MG
Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

They're looking nice dark green. All of them.
TF1 #500
Old 12-17-2007, 01:51 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don de Marco
They're looking nice dark green. All of them.
Yes they do dont they? They seem to have responded real well to the NPK 6-6-4 Palm feed I have given them since flowering commenced. The LR2's and the JS had a dose last weekend and a dose this weekend. I think I am gonna stick to this feed this grow and save the biobizz for next time..Just to see how they finish. Well maybe...I havent decided yet fully and my package never arrived today either. If I get nothing tommorrow I'm gonna ring the shop.