Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 11:00 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I got the 200W Red enviro and the biobizz on Tuesday. Here is a look at the new setup. I decided to hang the enviro vertically to increase penetration, seems to be working good so far. I keep all the lights nice and cool by blowing a big desktop fan into the box at lights on, they are so cool that the leaves are almost touching without burning . The plants are on day 32 from seed, the halfway mark roughly. The lanky plant is my new favourite, as you can see from the closeups her bud structure is looking to be much denser than her little sister.

Here is a better view of the lanky one.

and the stouter one

this one is left from the latest batch, its probably female.

I identified the other one of the two good seedlings as male today and he went in the 50W cab with his two brothers. He may be the closest thing to a stud I have. He is certainly growing flowers at a faster rate than his two brothers did and I see this as probably a good thing. The little one of the 3 seedlings died. I was in town on tuesday all day xmas shopping etc and when I came back the little pot had dried out and the seedling was looking in bad shape...I tried to rescue it but it didnt make it. I wrote it off tonight. I reckon I will be sending for another packet of Mandalas Sadhu sometime in the next few weeks. I feel sorry to have lost the strain and I have plenty of room in the box. They will probably perform a little like lowryders height wise if I can find a way to have them 12/12 from seed like the JS which I probably can, except they will take probably 3-4 weeks longer. I estimate 12-13 weeks from seed. I haven't got any pollen from the males yet. They shouldn't be far away. Also in town I managed to find Alfalfa pellets and B vitamins to make my own substitute for superthrive. My next seedlings will be fed with this after some advice from DDM.

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-21-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Here is the JS. She has been flowering for about 18 days I reckon. She is looking a bit thirsty and got fed and watered just after this pic was taken. Then its on to her 10 hours light in the 356W cab

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 12-21-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
med

latest pics from day 42 from seed: (2 days ago) they only have about 2 weeks left now.

first up is the smaller lowryder 2:

and the bigger one that is my favourite, she smells wonderful, like fruity apples and a bit spicy. Almost identical to the fruity pheno of the Mandalas Sadhu actually.

I like this pic from the taller pheno...

and here is the JS

We butchered the lower branches of the JS cos we had no smoke and were a bit desperate. We got a few grams quick dried from it and it as already fairly potent, no good at all as a pain killer for my wifes chronic pain though but fun for a recreational smoke.

Also my girlfriend has been about a month without her meds and it is showing. She has been suffering REAL bad, almost crippled in pain and bedridden for 1 complete day. The last few days has been hell for us. Anyway this led us to the decision to also butcher some of the lowryder buds to see if it would help. We took the 4 lowest branches from the small one last night and the two lowest from the big one. Anyway the good news is after two small joints the lowryder helped her pain even with two weeks to go so I think we found a winner. It was fast dried over a toaster for an hour so no real report about taste but 1 small joint stoned me very nicely for a couple of hours. It is a very nice "clean" high that gives a slight body stone but doesnt knock you on your back and leaves your mind in a very functional state but still with a lovely feeling of heightened awareness and senses. I look forward to sampling the final product. This smoke last night came from the smaller plant. The larger plant will be tried after a few days of semi-fast drying. Also I popped open a few calyxes and found a few embrios of seeds so we should get a few F2's come harvest. Due to the desperate situation with my wifes medical needs we will probably take some more from the smaller plant over the coming 2 weeks to ensure she at least gets a small J or two a day to help her. The bigger plant will be untouched. Its a pity we only got 2 fems from this batch of seeds but at least we should get some F2's. I also sent away last week for another pack of Mandala's Sadhu that I expect to recieve this week and IŽll be germing 4-5 of them in search of a new mum.

MG
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

So you lucky guy have a wife AND gf.
Don't bother butchering a few smaller nugs of the JS. I've been there and done that. A shame it's only a recreational smoke for you. Different cause, but I'm as well crippled and bedridden as you describe it when it hits me pretty bad (thank god not recently, I've had enough of that). I think, no, I hope the JS alleviates the colon problems at least of a few. I'm really thankful it works wonders on me, hopefully more people can benefit from it in the future. I once had an argument for no apparent reason with my landlord (he's always grumpy) and was in a very mean mood, but the JS surprised me again and I was laughing about that old fool instead of thinking about all the bad things I could do to this cheapskate in less than 2 hours after ingesting 0.7g of the JS. And I had one of the brightest days last summer instead. I really enjoy the washing away of thoughts that happens with the JS. Once I have focused on something I can concentrate pretty good. It's more like blocking the interferences of my thoughts.
The light clear heady feeling you described seems to be related to the early harvest and the quick drying. Things I've done in the past as well. That reminds me of my outdoor ventures in the 80s. The sativas I had did not necessarily develop their full potential in wet autumns and the first quick dried spliffs I had (cut with a tobacco cutter and dried under an infrared lamp) gave me exactly that sort of high. A few weeks later, dried and cured, things were more round. Not to say the first tokes were bad ones. More like a hint of the real potential.

Considering the medical aspect, I'm pretty unsure whether my venture with the swazi was a good move. She has less than two weeks left, but I don't know whether I let her. She's a fast finisher and you can harvest after 7 weeks already. I need the space and my supply just ran out yesterday. Maybe I do a harvesting in steps this time. The swazi kush seeds I made, may be donated to the botm participants without much luck for the big price. So yeah, Swazi Kush as consolation prize very likely.
I have a nice JS male (JS#9) in the cue to pollinate a few of the JS#3 cuttings. So hopefully I may even test some f2s outdoors this year.

I still haven't succeeded to get you the molasses yet. I'm on it this week, promised.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 01-01-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
So you lucky guy have a wife AND gf.
oops lol...I hope she doesnt see that. You know new married an all so hopefully she can forgive me lol :p
Old 01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I forgot the pic of the JS stud.

He had att. some Mg and N def, but that's sorted out. He's an aspiring bonsai now with 6 little clones. Two of the clones are already under 12/12 for pollen production.
TF1 #500
Old 01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Hes nice. Good broad Indy looking leaves on him compared with my pheno which looks much more sativa. Mine seems to be taking its time maturing as well.

Oh, look what I got in the mail this morning

Im just gonna head over to the store to get more seedling soil and I'll be germing some tonight. They will be vegged with the Lowryders until the lowryders are finished then its on to flowering after about 2 weeks veg which is when the lowies finish and which should result in nice small plants ready about 8-9 weeks after the lowies which reach the 60 day mark 2 weeks today.

I am considering hanging the 200W horizontally again and germing all ten for LST again hoping for 5-6 fems. I'm just gonna mull it over and will post an update when I'm done.

Here are the lowies today

small one

big one

Old 01-02-2008, 06:19 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Yup. I decided to germ all ten this time.

I am on the hunt for some nice F2's and
a nice bonzai mum or two. I'm also considering some experimentation crossing the Sadhu with the lowryder 2 at some point. It would take quite a few generations to end up with a true autoflowering cross but it would be something to keep me busy. The plan would be to try and isolate the vigour, low nutrient needs and high yield and medicinal properties of the Sadhu with the autoflowering and short lifecycle of the lowryder #2. The Sadhu is a naturally short plant too which should fit nicely Thats all pipe dreams for the moment but my brain is spinning a bit.

MG
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

here is the JS. I have no idea how long she has been flowering really but I reckon its in the region of 5-6 weeks. She is starting to show a little trichage and seems to be maturing real slow although I reckon even the fastest of plants would seem slow when getting grown next to a lowryder lol. She has a nice Skunky Coffee smell to her.

And the bigger LR2 which has around 1 week to go. This picture is from day 52 from seed. Trics are piling on hard. She has a real compact bud structure and smells fruity. Like apples or maybe watermelon..Very similar to the Sadhu I grew out before. I reckon there is about a half ounce on her...maybe a bit more. I figure potting up was wrong of me and next time I grow out the LR2 I will use bigger pots for a better yield and just sow the seeds directly into the bigger pots like reccomended. These pots are 5 Litre but I would be better with about 10L. I also got some pollen last week and brushed the lower four branches on each of the two plants lightly with it. I dont know if its worked but I will be leaving the bottom four branches for a few weeks extra and hopefully I should have some F2's for a better run.

Here is what is left from the smaller sister. We got about a measly Q from her but she came down way too early because we needed the meds. At least my wife is feeling better The four branches we left are also pollinated and are staying in for seeds.

9/10 Sadhus germed. One didnt make it because it kinda wrapped its taproot around itsself and didnt get a grip in the soil. These babies will stay on an 18/6 cycle with the LR2's until the last LR2 is harvested for smoke. I'll then move the box directly to a 12/12 schedule until I have sexed them and formulate a plan from there. My hopes are at the moment for at least 4-5 fems. I want to take one fem and veg it under the 125w enviro for a few months with scrog or LST to really see what I can get from her. The rest of the fems will just get grown out 12/12 most of their life with an expected yield of about a 1/2oz per plant. I am going to buy another bag of seeds too as backup in a few weeks time because this time I want this 300W box to be full to the brim with buddage

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 01-09-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

some seeds just don't seem to make it. Plants with a lower IQ than the rest maybe. I've had this happen before and experienced the same this morning with one of my 6 JS x Oger sprouts. Not such a bad mishap here since I only plan to flower two plants at most.
TF1 #500