Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Results from the 4 pictured above are in....3 males 1 female. The male saga continues.... I reckon I am going to make up a batch of colloidal silver for a feminizing experiment before I run out of chances....first I need to find out the purity of the silver in my silver coins. I have three seedlings that seem to be establishing themselves too

I may make some F3's and let em ripen fully this time, we shall see.

MG
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

How about gibberellic acid? Much safer. I wasn't patient enough with the current germinating seeds, I think I didn't store them properly and should've given them more air than leaving them in the ziplock. I finally swapped them all in the pot of a household plant. If they still do germinate, I'll pick them out.

In the meantime some of the LR2 x Oger seeds seem ripe already.
TF1 #500
Old 04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don de Marco
How about gibberellic acid? Much safer. I wasn't patient enough with the current germinating seeds, I think I didn't store them properly and should've given them more air than leaving them in the ziplock. I finally swapped them all in the pot of a household plant. If they still do germinate, I'll pick them out.

In the meantime some of the LR2 x Oger seeds seem ripe already.
I thought they were ripe too...

gibberellic acid safer than colloidal silver? Can you use gibberellic acid for sex reversal? It says here on wikipedia-gibberellic acid that its a growth hormone..

Colloidal silver is healthy m8...the seeds are just too immature imo....the gibberellic acid might help with that...

MG
Old 04-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

yes, you can use it for sex reversal. The LR2 x Oger are still on the living plant and the seeds look different to the genuine LR.
TF1 #500
Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Default How to make your own Colloidal Silver

How to make your own Colloidal Silver

The instructions above are for human use. For plants I need to make it slightly differently and I should never drink the stuff for plants.. its too concentrated.

From what I remember:

Only a small amount of electricity (8-12v dc) is needed and I should let the system run straight for about 8 hours. I have a silver coin that I am researching at the moment that I am certain is .999 fine silver an when I get an answer on that I'll distill some water and run the system for 8 hours.

Then I should spray the unsexed plants with the silver solution for a few days, I think, I need to check the sources again before I do this. This should stress the fems to herm but not vice-versa. Then I just take the pollen from the herm to pollinate a relative fem or self....should I want to.

This at least is how it should work according to the important details I remember from several hours reading about a month or more ago. As I said...I need to check it out more when (or if) I get my email answer from the mint about the coin.

MG
Old 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Well, the silver coins I had lying around are 925 silver (sterling). I guess I have to get some real stuff...
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The plant above was harvested 3 days ago, It went the full 60 days. Dissappointing yield of 5 grams after my accelerated dry process that took the 3 days

Lessons learned....don't supercrop a plant that has such a short lifecycle. It takes too much energy from the plant to recover that could have been diverted to bud growth. Maybe LST would be OK but they do well just left to grow naturally, why fuck with that? Also don't use 12/12 on Lowryder its not enough light....18/6 as recommended is best. All that is to be gained from a 12/12 light cycle is a few dollars a week in electric and more than that is lost in yield. The ruderalis genetics need more light than dark for sure. At an estimate I only got about 1/3 of the yield I would expect from that plant. I expect a 1/2oz or more from them in my conditions.

One thing was a nice little surprise from this one is that I found 8 mature seeds on the LR2. This has to be from a few Mandala's Sadhu pollen grains that were floating around so I have a few LR2 x Sadhu beans to grow out If I can find a male in my remaining LR2 seeds I will be doing some Sadhu x LR2 too which should give me about 25% autoflowering plants. About 3 generations later I should have a fully autoflowering Sadhu x LR2 which I would expect to yield more and be quite potent because the Sadhu is a fairly potent smoke. I just need to pick the right babies for the inbreeding.

MG