Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:
Default Mandala's Sadhu Small Pot SOG experiment.

Here are my 9 Sadhus after about 4 weeks vegging believe it or not.

I ran into some early problems because I messed up the PH of my soil by adding to much algomin which has a PH of 8.4 I think. You can see the damage from this on the lower parts of the plants, the 1 fingered leaves were destroyed completely on most plants and the damage had started on the three fingered second nodes before I managed to get a grip of it. I managed to get the PH back on track and rescue them though and have decided to flower them out in the little pots they are in now as an experimental grow. I will be feeding them aquarium water and biobizz nutes with every watering and topping up with some compost teas a few times along the way. They were put in 12/12 two days ago and last night they were fed the results of my first compost tea experiment and seem to have reacted to it extremely well showing new healthy growth very quickly. For the tea I used a small handful of organic compost, about 150ml of alfalfa pellets, a small level teaspoon of epsoms, a small level teaspoon of mollases, a drop of b vitamins and about 1ml of biobizz Grow in 2L of aquarium water. I bubbled it up for about 36 hours with a pump and airstone and fed the results directly to the plants. The plants seemed to gain a new lease of life in a matter of hours after this treatment so I will be keeping the recipe the same for another treatment in 3-4 weeks time but will add a little biobizz bloom to the mix next time.

The reason I'm not potting up is that I need space for some lowryders and decided that just flowering out these Sadhus in the little pots is better than tossing them out and will allow me to at least get some F2's from them. If I am right about my calculations the plants will probably end up 10-12" high.

MG
Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

They're looking fine Migro. Seems your treatment suited them well. By the looks it may seem the Algomin caused some hot reaction. The granules seem to be intended for long time conditioning of the soil. Where the roots contact them they may be burned. Did you grind it up? I assume the algomin is used outoors as a topping or worked in the top layer of the soil. That way the minerals are slowly transported to the roots.
TF1 #500
Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Did you grind it up? I assume the algomin is used outoors as a topping or worked in the top layer of the soil. That way the minerals are slowly transported to the roots.
Yes...as a matter of fact I did. I also came to the same conclusion as you and when I planted my Lowryder seeds I used the Algomin as a top dressing this time so the goodies are transported down slowly like you say. I will probably try again in the future to grind them up and just add a much smaller amount but we shall see how the top dressing works out.

The aquarium water in my tea came from my new 100L aquarium which I picked up in the local charity shop for the equivalent of about 10 Euros which included all the light, pump, heater, rocks of various types, driftwood, gravel syphon, automatic heater and various tank decors. Not a bad deal huh? Here is the aquarium and its inhabitants....9 neons, 3 red platy's and 1 Black Moor goldfish which is a wonderful fish....great to watch and very adventurous. To be added to the tank over the coming weeks will be 3 beautiful guppys which are black and luminous green and possibly even a frog though we havent decided about that fully yet. Oh some more plants probably too.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

Beautiful fishtank. We were having fun with the camera right now. Mine looks overgrown. And yeah, maybe letting your soil mix sit for a few days up to two weeks before using it may be beneficial as well.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 02-02-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I could send you some of that plant's you see in the background. They grow living offshoots with roots, ready to detach. (upper left) Very sturdy ones. The best plants for the background I've had so far. My aquarium is more like a plant-tank since the ones that are too much are taken out and eaten by the turtles. Consider it. When the temperatures allow shipping, I'd like giving it a try.
TF1 #500
Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Beautiful plants. Wait a couple of months before you decide to send any as I am so far North that winter lasts well into april/may although temperatures start to get better in april when the weather becomes such that we can wear T-shirts in the snow and sunbathe...it really is beautiful.

Letting the algomin settle a couple weeks is probably wise. I may start to add some to my teas too but first i need to get my hands on a ph meter..

MG
Old 02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

It's a jungle in there.
TF1 #500
Old 02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

My wife came homw from work today saying she had a present for me. She bought 3 guppies

Green/Yellow

Orange

and metallic blue

MG
Old 02-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

They're cool fish, any chance they get some female counterparts? Guppys breed very fast. I guess your big Blackfish would eat em tho.
TF1 #500
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Getting some females is a possibility but the probability is low. I dunno if I have the energy to start breeding fish too although that would make for an interesting project and I love projects lol. I suppose I do still have that 4 gallon tank too that could be used for breeding purposes if I decide to go there in the future. For the moment I am more concerned with keeping all these little buggers alive. My last lot of fish didnt last 6 months lol.

MG