Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don de Marco
I recognize them. I had some in a pot with a desert plant in it. But I never found any of that media here. They just look like Seramis but grey, Seramis is red and fabricated. I have btw. two LRs going and one was pollinated with the OGer, making an "Automatic Oger" maybe. 1/3rd of the offspring should be autoflowering, right?
The stones can actually be used as a replacement for potting compost I discovered yesterday, even for orchids if used right. Plants that dont mind wet feet dont even need drainage holes in the pots while plants that like dry spells like orchids or MJ will perform great if put in a pot with drainage holes. You can just plant directly in it according to the retailers website and barely need to water. I will test this myself.

The plant in the back right of the first two pics above is a 4 week year old LR #2. It is the only one of the four who never germed that managed to find its way up and turned out to be a fem Its in a 7L.

How were your germ rates and which method did you use? Pics?

I think the ratios of autoflower should be about 50/50 if I remember correctly but maybe I am wrong. I am sure there is a forum somewhere devoted to lowryder and crossing it where you could find out for sure.

MG
Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:
Style: Default Blue

I can only say on the germ rate, that I germinated seven in a cup with water and b1 vitamines on the hood of the fishtank and got three seedlings, one of them was too weak and discarded. The two remaining ones are a strong looking and a mutant female. No pictures yet, sorry.

I think the problem with the LR seeds is, you should have a male flowering in advance, so you can pollinate the females very early, giving the seeds enough time to ripen.
TF1 #500

Last edited by Don de Marco; 03-12-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:26 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Quote:
I think the problem with the LR seeds is, you should have a male flowering in advance, so you can pollinate the females very early, giving the seeds enough time to ripen.
Thats what I think too....I am goin to make some F3's I reckon. I can mature a male or two under a little cfl from the current batch of 12 and pollinate the next batch.

MG
Old 03-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

The LR2 I use for fabricating the "Automatic Oger" or "Automatico" maybe.
TF1 #500
Old 03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

What size pot is she in? What age is she? 3-4 weeks? She look like she has taken alot from the smaller mother, the seed probably came from her. That was the most potent pheno How about the other one?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:10 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

At last I found some english information about my "vulkanstener". It seems that it is a unique product called Heklagrow which is distributed by a swedish company that gets it from Iceland.

Here is a link:

Heklagrow

I also emailed them last night about their opinions regarding organic liquid fertilizers in this medium...still waiting a reply

MG

edit* This company produces some excellent looking products I can get my hands on.....check out GSP and Oxywet
I think that Oxywet seems VERY interesting..pity they only seem to be available in 300Kg portions lol.....maybe I can find a reseller though who packages it smaller...

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 03-13-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

I keep that in mind. Another intersting firm in Sweden is
their
Quote:
Smart Store storage 50 box with lid
will be the new home of my worms. I got this suitable container at a local store very cheap.

And for the LR: She sits in a 2 L pot and is in week 5 currently. Maybe the 24/7 slows the groth down a bit. I kept her in a yoghurt cup for the first two weeks, then I transferred her. The LRs are so delicate seedlings. The crumpled one had to wait one week longer and is only half the size of the one shown here. I consider killing her, but I still may wait a few days and I don't really need the space right now.
TF1 #500
Old 03-13-2008, 10:25 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Lol @ Hammar Plast: I have many of them......10 for a penny...

Sweden (at least here in the rural north) is very interesting horticulturaly.....so many products that are taken for granted are tough to get or overly expensive. On the other hand I have found that there exist many "unique" products here and that sweden really knows its stuff when it comes to organic horticulture.. I shouldn't be surprised really having lived here a good few years but I am still very susceptible to culture shock!..

Quote:
The LRs are so delicate seedlings.
Yeah I noticed that myself even from the F1's. I guess I have to experiment a little with them to find some kind of sweetspot for seedlings cos I am definately going to be growing alot of them.

I would let that little "mutant" go a few more weeks if you can afford it.....you may be surprised. I seen them do some interesting things in other peeps grows.

mg
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Amber Trichomes

Current Mood:

here you go:

I'll not kill her (at least not now). She had the supercharged wormpoo powered by cavy droppings. She's just through some very impressive root growth, so we'll see. I guess, since she has a very nice and musky smell, I'll drop a bit Frogger pollen on it, Mutant Frog,
TF1 #500
Old 03-14-2008, 12:27 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Shes got that funky crispy yellowing going on on the 1st node....I recognize that. She seems stretched though for 5 nodes tall and not as lush as I would expect. My F1's went about 7 before they got to that kind of height....more like your other one.....Im beginning to think I may go with a very mild soilmix for seedlings, the crispy yellow shit seems like a hot reaction of some sort....maybe a few of them are just genetically nute sensitive? :dunno

MG

edit* I switched up the volcanic rock experiment a little. I can't keep still lol. I'll update tommorow