Go Back   420 Genetics > Cultivation Forums > Indoor Cultivation > Micro Growing
Home Forum Grow Guides Gallery Strain Guides Links Arcade Rules
Site Map Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

Ok well, after a few days I realized a few drawbacks with my system and switched it up.

I took a 12L rubbermaid (Hammer Plast ), filled it with about 4L of vulkanstens which was about 3" deep and drilled a hole in the side about 2" up hempy bucket style. Next I just took the 6 plants out of their 1L pots and placed them directly on the vulkanstens, creating a soil layer. Then I just filled in all the cracks with vulkanstens and put a layer of vulcanstens on top to piss the fungus gnats right off. Then placed the big rubbermaid in the shallow one to catch any spillover. Essentially what I have now is an "Organic Hempy Bucket" like this:

Contamination of the rez is not a problem as my vulkanstens and their high silica content are designed exactly for this purpouse:

I have my waterline below the soil level to avoid rootrot...

Quote:
HeklaGrow has the following properties:

* Unique water-retaining capacity - the substrate can be easily and quickly filled, and it retains the water for a long time (3-4 weeks)
* Unique oxygen-retaining (air-retaining) capacity - the substrate has very small cavities that cannot be filled with water, so the roots always have ready access to the air.
* Environmentally friendly and pure material that comes from the interior of the earth.
* Has a high silica content (SI) that protects the plant against fungi, bacteria and insects.
* Is the ideal non-allergenic substrate in indoor environments. The growth substrate is not allergenic because aggressive spore-forming fungi do not thrive in substrates with high silica content. In all peat-based soils, allergenic fungi thrive, such as Aspergilus fumigalus.
* A global growth substrate that can be transported all around the world with no risk of spreading insects, such as ant eggs and larvae.
* Fungus gnats and water flies do not thrive in the material because of the high silica content.
* Durable and sustainable substrate that does not decompose. In greenhouse cultivation, the same growth substrate has been used for 10 years.

Major customers buying HeklaGrow include the professional plant decorators in Scandinavia.
I mixed up about 2L of biobizz nutes with a dash of epsoms and proceeded to fill the rez from the top down. It took about 1.5L before I got spillover which I expect to last for quite a long time because of the water retaining properies of the vulkanstens. I won't give them anything else until they ask for it...

Then it was supercropping time....a nice even canopy to hopefully boost yield a little in the last few weeks.....almost like a scrog...

The last pic shows the cola of the tall and more Sativa plant. She doesnt have the tric production of the smaller more Indy plants but she is piling on a shit load of flowers all the way up the main stem. I expect her to go longer than the others too..depending on potency and flavour she would be an ideal pheno for my small space..

MG

Last edited by MigrowGrower; 03-14-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I harvested the smallest pheno today because we are almost out of meds, leaving two nodes on for a possible reveg. She has gone 46 days and has very sticky leafs, our personal stash has no need for bag appeal lol, hence the minimal trim.
These guys are supposed to go 60-65 days but I like them at around 55.
She weighed 19g wet, so I am hoping for 4-5g from her minus about 1/3 for seeds. Not bad imo for an 8" tall plant that has a few weeks left...

MG
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

The plant above gave 5g as expected and probably 2-3 more on the plant.
This rather pathetic pheno gave 14g wet from the top of the plant as before even after 5 days more than the plant above. I just cut the lot cos I wont be keeping it.....21g wet total probably 6g dry at day 51.

MG
Old 03-25-2008, 11:32 AM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

This one has finished at day 56....she could go a bit longer for those who like lots of amber..I cut her at about 30% amber. The 3 remaining plants have still some days to go.

This one weighed in at about 22g wet which was surprising for me as It looked to be more. So far the small plant I cut first is in the lead yield wise because of her very dense bud structure. I like the speed of this one though...

MG
Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
In the Veg Cycle

Current Mood:

I have missed pics from one more plant that was finished and harvested day 60 for 21g wet.

These two were both 30g wet. I chopped them at day 64. They both could've went a bit longer but I need the space.

The organic hempy bucket experiment seems to have been successful, You can see the roots at the bottom that were reaching into the volcanic stones are nice and healthy with no root rot....I was only watering about once a week.

Here is what I kept from the little pheno that I chopped first for a reveg. This little plant should finish with a single cola all the way from soil level and be fat. I have reposted the original top I harvested for comparison. I reckon I can fit in 8 in the same sized box I had before and get over a quarter from each plant which would give me 2oz+ per harvest. I could easily get 6oz every 9 weeks with this pheno. just over .5g per watt....getting better

Thats it for the sadhus for now until I get clones. Next time I return to sadhu land I'll be putting my SOG plans in action.

Oh.....one last thing. MY POTS ARE ONLY 1L! So I can yield an oz dry per 4L of soil.

MG